08-26-14 12:42 PM
59 123
tools
    Can someone send me the instructions to unlock my BB Bold,thanks in advance
    08-08-08 11:05 PM
    Hi,

You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps (can be active or inactive ). Make sure the phone is not displaying the low battery warning!
    Power on
    Go to settings
    Go to advanced options
    Go to sim card
    Type MEPD
    Type MEP[Alt + 2]
    It will ask you for the unlock code.

You must get the unlock code from your carrier or purchase from a third party

Thanks
    08-21-08 06:48 PM
    Can someone send me the instructions to unlock my BB Bold,thanks in advance

where did you get the unlock code from?
    08-22-08 07:38 AM
    where did you get the unlock code from?
    Did you even read the post before you?
    08-22-08 10:31 AM
    Hi,

You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps (can be active or inactive ). Make sure the phone is not displaying the low battery warning!
    Power on
    Go to settings
    Go to advanced options
    Go to sim card
    Type MEPD
    Type MEP[Alt + 2]
    It will ask you for the unlock code.

You must get the unlock code from your carrier or purchase from a third party

Thanks

you do not unlock BOLD right?
    08-23-08 12:45 AM
    you do not unlock BOLD right?
    It's just like any other phone so it could be done. It just may take a while to find a code as I hear Rogers won't unlock them. So you would need to buy a code from a third party for now I would assume.
    08-23-08 01:02 AM
    that's true but there are tons of websites that selling the unlocking service, I just wondering which one is cheap and trusted
    08-23-08 01:24 AM
    thanks, this was really easy to unlock... too bad there are no blackberry data plans on Fido..

i purchased the code for my Rogers Blackberry Bold here: mobile to go - vancouver - gsm phone unlock services - remote unlocking . they are located in Vancouver BC and specialize in remote unlocking phones...

I got my code delivered almost instantly..
    Last edited by mini4YOU; 08-14-09 at 06:55 PM.
    08-28-08 02:26 PM
    I just bought a Bold Unlock code from
    Freeyourcellphone.com

it was only 19 bucks to unlock my rogers bold.

Cheers
    you're lucky you got one. My friend is trying to do the same but freeyourcellphone.com doesn't have one for her Bold. They offered to get it from RIM but for a higher price.
    09-01-08 05:54 PM
    what is advantage of unlocking a phone?
    09-01-08 06:37 PM
    Running it on another service, and it's cheaper to buy a locked phone and unlock it yourself, then to buy a unlocked phone.
    09-01-08 08:27 PM
    I got a BB Bold from Rogers and Unlocked it at globalunlock.com, it cost me $34, I think.
    09-11-08 11:40 PM
    You will not benefit from unlocking a Rogers Bold in Canada if you don't plan on using it frequently in another country. Rogers is the only GSM network service provider that has BB service. Fido doesn't have it. An unlocked Rogers Blackberry will not work on Telus or Bell hence CDMA network.
    10-11-08 03:50 AM
    Thinking of getting Unlock Blackberry from any network Worldwide. Is Freeyourcellphone.com trusted? Any chance of me screwing up my Bold if i unlock it.

PS: Im from Indonesia and my phone is locked to IndoSat(GSM)
    Last edited by tj.bsap; 10-11-08 at 06:11 AM.
    10-11-08 06:08 AM
    AT&T gave me my code for free. It did take them 5 days to get it to me though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 04:07 AM
    I unlocked my curve 8300 before selling it. I simply emailed my carrier Airtel and they emailed me the unlocked code within two days, without any charges.

Because in India we are buying the handsets on retail without any operator subsidy.

Now I have bold, I will unlock in after some time
    01-02-09 04:35 AM
    Thanks for the link above, I want to unlock for my next overseas. Hoping I can wifi my emails via webmail as the BIS will be disco'd, Or, just buy a SIM and/or a throwaway cell. Keep my BB Roger'd. Anyways, thanks again for the recommended unlocking service and noting the quick turnaround.

01-02-09 05:15 AM
    I have a BB Bold from Rogers that has been unlocked. I use it on the AT&T network. Is there a way to delete the Rogers splash creen and replace it with the AT&T splash screen?
    01-02-09 08:12 AM
    AT&T gave me my code for free. It did take them 5 days to get it to me though.

I got the unlock cde from ATT when I called them for my Bold. I have an international trip coming up and I want to use the phone with local sims.
    01-05-09 07:06 PM
    ATT customers can get the unlock code for free if you call in on their 611 number. Just have your imei ready. They lady i talked to asked if i needed instructions on how to unlock it, but seeing as how we haev these forums, i said no.

It was probably stated in this forum before (i really just skimmed the posts) if you screw up entering the unlock cocde after so many times, it will be permenantly locked to whatever carrier you are on.
    01-05-09 08:24 PM
    I have a BB Bold from Rogers that has been unlocked. I use it on the AT&T network. Is there a way to delete the Rogers splash creen and replace it with the AT&T splash screen?
    Unlocking has nothing to do with this...the spalsh screen is hardcoded to the device you cannot remove it.
    01-05-09 08:33 PM
    that's true but there are tons of websites that selling the unlocking service, I just wondering which one is cheap and trusted
    HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center I trust NO ONE else with my $$ for my unlock codes.

Cheap!
    Fast!
    Reliable!
    Trusted!
    01-05-09 08:36 PM
    At&T gave me the unlock code, but also sent me 3 different sets of instructions. I tried the one posted here but did not work, do you mind giving me the steps you used?
    Thanks
    01-23-09 02:29 PM
    h**p//forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=653921 free unlock, its risky but i did on 2 bolds with perfect results
    01-23-09 03:33 PM
    At&T gave me the unlock code, but also sent me 3 different sets of instructions. I tried the one posted here but did not work, do you mind giving me the steps you used?
    Thanks
    Did u type mep (alt + 2) or did you type mepd (alt + 2) like I did the first time.

01-23-09 06:07 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD