I hope I am posting on the correct forum. I purchased a t mobile blackberry bold from my sister that was not fully paid for because she was making payments to t mobile when she left them due to poor service. It worked fine for weeks and now will not let me use it due to t mobile locking the imei. Can I unlock the imei and if I do, will i be able to use it with t mobile again?
    10-15-10 11:37 PM
    Pay the bill and you can unlock it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 11:48 PM
    obviously!...i already tried they will not allow me to pay it under her name and she refuses to get involved anymore because she has been dealing with t mobile for over year and their service is worthless where she lives. She has paid over 245 dollars for it already so i'm not too concerned and wont lose sleep from unlocking a phone that cost t mobile 42 cents...
    10-15-10 11:52 PM
    also i would like to know if I do unlock the phone will I be able to switch carriers to Att t or just the edge network? I just moved from Las Vegas to south Florida and the T mobile service is about as lousy as I have ever seen here...
    10-15-10 11:57 PM
    10-16-10 12:47 AM
    Pricey eh...
    10-16-10 01:02 AM
    also i would like to know if I do unlock the phone will I be able to switch carriers to Att t or just the edge network? I just moved from Las Vegas to south Florida and the T mobile service is about as lousy as I have ever seen here...
    With an unlocked T-Mo you'll only receive EDGE on at&t. Best bet is to sell your unlocked T-Mo branded, and buy a good used at&t branded.
    10-16-10 07:10 AM
    would i be able to continue using it with T mobile if I decide to stay with them?
    10-16-10 08:14 AM
    would i be able to continue using it with T mobile if I decide to stay with them?
    This unlocking is not what you need. No carrier will activate the phone until the bill is paid and TMobile releases it. This is different than unlocking to use on different carriers. You need to get right with TMobile or trash the phone.
    10-16-10 08:34 AM
    Pay the bill and you can unlock it.

Op, if the bill is NOT paid, it will remain blocked. Have it paid whichever way possible, in full, to get it unblocked.

10-16-10 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD