hi!!

I just bought my first BB. it's the 8900,and I bought it at best buy,the carrier is at&t. now,that is a problem since my SIM card is from Tmobile (Croatia) and when I put the card in the BB it said- invalid SIM card ,obviously. I would like someone to help me with this and let me know how can I decode this? I've seen some web-sites but I don't quite get it cuz-for example on horizonwireless.com there are multiple ways to decode this particular BB but I dunno which one is the right one so if some1 could help me with this I would be very happy.

one other thing- I connected my bb to a wi-fi network and downloaded facebook app and ubertwitter BUT when I wish to enter either of those two it says that there is a network error on ubertwitter and data error on fcb. but when I got to those 2 pages on the browser everything is just fine. what's up with that?

btw will I need to upgrade my software in order to enter the BB app store? and will that software upgrade affect teh fact that it will be unlocked?

I am sorry that I bombarded u with all there questions but I would really appreciate it if someone anwered them cuz I would liek to unlock it as soon as possible!

thank you!!
    10-14-09 10:42 PM
    First you do need to get your device unlocked. Horizon Wireless is a good place to use. They are the ones I used to unlock my device. You can also check out the Unlocking link in my signature for another option. Upgrading your OS will not unlock your device but I would not recommend that you get into upgrading your account until after you get very familiar with your device.

To get the apps to work, you will need a Blackberry Data Plan on your account.
    10-14-09 11:04 PM
    thanks for the tip! just one other thing-I really have noooo idea what the difference between all those horizon wireless unlocking things is so could u tell me which one whould I use? because I don't want to eff something up,and there are so many options.
    10-15-09 08:21 AM
    update: I sent them an email regarding which one of the options to use and they responded so fast!! anyways I got it all,not I'm waiting for the code and the instructions. thank you again!

I will be back if I'll need help with anything else.

N
    10-15-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD