Hi !! My sister gave me her old blackberry curve and she has a differnt carrier. Sprint and I want to switch to verizon but she took her card(sims?). And she lives in Arizona and I live in Nc. And she won't give it up. Do I really need it? Oh and how do I go about unlocking it? Why they gotta make this stuff so hard ?? Thanks everyone Oh one more thing someone told me if I unlock it and switch carriers I won't be able to use all the features? Seems strange. My Daddy has a blackberry with verizon so i don't see why not ..
    07-30-11 03:02 PM
    Sprint and Verizon are CDMA carriers.

You cannot "unlock" a CDMA only device. They don't use SIM cards.

Neither Sprint nor Verizon will activate a device from a different carrier on their network.

You need a Verizon branded device for use on Verizon. NO way around it.
    07-30-11 03:07 PM
    Oh bummer I was told it wouldn't a problem. Dang ty
    07-30-11 03:21 PM
    You need a Verizon branded device for use on Verizon. NO way around it.
    Your best bet will to be to hop online and just find someone selling a Verizon phone and go ahead and get that activated. Just make sure it's from a trustworthy source...
    07-31-11 12:20 AM
    For the information already posted here i will just add this: if she take a sim card out of the device maybe its a iDEN SIM card so it's also - can't be unlocked.
    But if it's a GSM Blackberry device it can be unlocked but also only for GSM use, there is no option to use it with Verizon because they are CDMa carrier and they aren't using SIM cards in their devices
    07-31-11 09:51 AM
    Please don't keep posting unrelated information.

The OP indicates that the device is on Sprint. So it's NOT a GSM device.
    07-31-11 09:53 AM
    Totally agree with you ...
    07-31-11 12:28 PM
    lol...I think you could apply that comment on quite a few threads around here..
    07-31-11 06:37 PM
    Hi !! My sister gave me her old blackberry curve and she has a differnt carrier. Sprint and I want to switch to verizon but she took her card(sims?). And she lives in Arizona and I live in Nc. And she won't give it up. Do I really need it? Oh and how do I go about unlocking it? Why they gotta make this stuff so hard ?? Thanks everyone Oh one more thing someone told me if I unlock it and switch carriers I won't be able to use all the features? Seems strange. My Daddy has a blackberry with verizon so i don't see why not ..
    Yeah sorry won't work
    10-09-11 11:01 AM
    that is just a misconception. unlocking will have no effect on any other functions of your device.
    contact us to unlock your BB
    11-11-11 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD