I have an unlock code for my bold that I have not yet used. I have to send my bold in and get a warranty bold sent to me. So I'm wondering if I can use that unlock code on the new bold, the only reason I ask is that when I bought the unlock code, they asked for my IMEI number, which would be different on the new bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 12:45 PM
    Unlock code is device specific. Your code wont work.
    06-24-09 12:47 PM
    You won't be able to use it, because the unlock codes are generated specifically for each phone.

06-24-09 12:47 PM
    You may be able to get the unlock code for free from your provider. All I told them (ATT) that I am in the military, frequently travel outside the country and have been told by my communications squadron to receive an unlock code for my device to use issued SIM cards while abroad as the department of defense will not payback the amount spent on network internation roaming fee's. And the woman on the other end of the phone says "well, you made that very clear and easy for me, may I have your IMEI number and we will get that right away for you sir, thank you for your service" worked like a charm.

06-24-09 12:59 PM
    Just call AT&T and get the code. It's your right to have it.
    06-24-09 01:11 PM
    Thanks for the info guys, and i would totally do that, but Rogers doesn't give out codes! i guess I'll just have to get a new one.
    06-24-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD