First how do you enter the unlock code for a tour? Next when I called verizon they only gave me an 8 digit code is that correct I thought it was longer.
    07-23-09 08:52 AM
    No that's the correct number of digits. You need to turn off your network connections first. Then you go into options>advanced options>sim card and type MEPD. You won't see the letters being typed but once you type those, more info will pull up. After you type that, type MEP2 (you need to hit the alt then the 2) and it will prompt for that code. Enter it in and it will say code accepted if its the right code. If its not, don't try it again because you only get 10 tries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 09:02 AM
    Try this:
    How to Enter Unlock Codes:
    ***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1. Go to settings menu => and then Options
    2. Select Advanced options => and then Sim card
    3. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    4. Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    5. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the unlock code received from CellUnlock.net and press in the track wheel / jog dial to confirm
    6. Your phone is now unlocked

I was given an 8 digit code as well and it worked just fine.
    07-23-09 09:02 AM
    Oh because for my storm it was like 16 digits!!
    07-23-09 09:03 AM
    Mine for my tour was 8 digits. Each code is unique to the MEID and the device.

07-23-09 09:05 AM
    Somewhat along the same lines, if you wipe your device or updated the OS (even to a hybrid OS) do you have to unlock the phone again or is it a one time deal?
    07-23-09 09:32 AM
    Its a one time deal. Just need to enter it once and its good for the life of the device.

07-23-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD