Does the unlock code expire after installing a new OS?
    04-19-11 07:04 AM
    no, if your device is locked, changing the OS will not change the status of it being unlocked.
    04-19-11 09:09 AM
    Exactly right! Once unlocked, it is permanently unlocked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 09:58 AM
    Once unlocked, always unlocked! One of the many benefits of unlocking
    04-19-11 11:05 AM
    Okay, many thanks. Perhaps a silly follow up question, but how can I see of it's locked. Is there a software configuration or is it just a branded phone?
    04-19-11 11:07 AM
    You will need to see the network and sim status
    04-21-11 01:15 PM
    options, advanced options, sim, type in mepd into the phone. if it says disabled across from network it's unlocked.
    04-22-11 01:38 PM
    Okay, many thanks. Perhaps a silly follow up question, but how can I see of it's locked. Is there a software configuration or is it just a branded phone?
    it's simple.. just fallow the unlocking instructions here: blackberry unlocking instructions

At the screen that shows when you inserting the unlocking code - if your phone is unlocked so it will show "network - disabled"... if it shows nothing it is locked so don't try some codes if you don't have the right unlocking codes for your Blackberry by it's IMEI.

You can also try to use an other carrier SIM card by inserting it to your Blackberry and turning the GSM network on. if it will show some SOS or "network unavailable" status so it's must be because your blackberry is not unlocked yet and have the security network lock on it.
    04-27-11 04:11 PM
    ^great replies! either network -disabled or other carrier sim cards won't be accepted!! either way works
    04-27-11 07:02 PM
    Once in the Personalization screen, all should say Disabled or Inactive.
    04-27-11 11:45 PM
    disabled - your in luck!
    04-30-11 08:58 PM
    That and Inactive are the magic words
    05-03-11 04:17 PM
    haha. I hope your 7 answers were able to help you out
    05-05-11 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD