I have a blackbeery curve 8330 and i bought an unlock code but when i go into advanced options there is no sim card option what do i do to unlock it?
    01-22-11 03:53 PM
    You cannot unlock any device that does not use a SIM card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 03:56 PM
    And whoever sold you an unlock code for an 8330 is unscrupulous. As noted, it cannot be unlocked. It's a CDMA only device. Demand your money back for the code.
    01-22-11 03:58 PM
    so the only option is flashing it and not getting internet or picture messaging?
    01-22-11 04:01 PM
    Let's back up.

What carrier is the device branded to?
    What carrier are you trying to use it on?

And yes, typically "flashed" BlackBerry devices do not get "all" the services on 'alternate' carriers.
    01-22-11 04:12 PM
    It's a Sprint and i dont care who i use it with as long as i can get full functions if at all possible and i had one place tell me $60 to get it flashed but i wont be able to get all the features.
    01-22-11 04:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure Sprints can only be flashed to Boost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 04:19 PM
    Yeah, you can flash it to Boost, but you won't get all the features on Boost unless you have a Boost branded device.

But go to the Boost store and talk to them.

Otherwise, your options are to use it on Sprint or sell it and get a device branded to the carrier on which you are going to use.
    01-22-11 04:54 PM
    Yup, all sprint phones are currently unlocked. All you have to do it import a custom service books on the device to enable it to work on boost. Boost is the ONLY option here. When you do that you get unlimited everything for only $50.00 per month instead of $60.00. But you don't get some features such as BB messanger.
    01-22-11 06:29 PM
    I'm trying to do the same thing with a Bell 8330 3G but I haven't bought an unlock code yet. I can see the empty sim card bracket behind the battery. If I buy a sim card, will I see Options > Advanced > Sim Card because right now the option doesn't display.
    06-27-12 10:40 PM
    Do NOT purchase an unlock code for a 8330. The slot you are seeing behind the battery is for the microSD card.

The 8330 is a CDMA only device. It cannot be 'unlocked'.
    06-28-12 05:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD