I am leaving att for verizon. I used to many off network data minutes on att and they politely asked me to leave. They waived etf and gave me an unlock code for my bold. Can I unlock it with the att sim card installed? The csr said that I needed to put a T-Mobile (or another gsm
    carrier) into the device. I want to sell my bold as unlocked if I can. Thanks for the help. I will be picking up a tour today. I think I am going to really miss my bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 12:50 PM
    Yes you can unlock it with the ATT sim card in
    08-01-09 12:59 PM
    Cool. She said that if I mess it up it will screw up my phone. So, I can use my current sim?

08-01-09 01:01 PM
    Wow they ASKED you to leave? I don't think I've heard of that before.

here's a video guide on how to do it since you already have the code.
    08-01-09 01:15 PM
    Well they asked nicely. Apparently I was costing them a fortune. I travel a lot.

08-01-09 01:16 PM
    Wow, its crazy that an unlimited data plan has limits.

I wish they'd offer me an out with no etf. (Due to crapy 3G in Philly)

08-01-09 01:19 PM
    Cool. She said that if I mess it up it will screw up my phone. So, I can use my current sim?

You will not mess anything up while unlocking. The CSR has no idea what they are talking about. And yes you can use your current sim card while unlocking and no harm will be done.
    08-01-09 01:39 PM
    Well they asked nicely. Apparently I was costing them a fortune. I travel a lot.

Where do you travel off the AT&T network? I travel a lot, but mostly major cities.
    08-01-09 02:04 PM
    Thru montana and south dakota. I folowed the youtube video and it worked like a charm. I now have an unlocked bold. Thank you all for the help. I guess I will have to move the the tour forums. Thanks again.

08-01-09 02:09 PM
    We can provide FAST Blackberry unlock codes, 2-30 min turnaround time (average time is less than 3 mins) Super long business Hrs: 9am-Midnight EST Daily
    08-02-09 06:09 PM
    you must be a very busy man with a blackberry glued to your hands. but hey i wished verizon asked me to leave with no etf. id gladly accept.
    08-02-09 06:14 PM
    lol sounds like he needs a women ...lol
    08-02-09 06:17 PM
    lol sounds like he needs a women ...lol
    he can be young, enjoying traveling and living single.
    08-02-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD