i need to unlock my 8700c. Can someone help me?
    04-29-08 03:49 PM
    call AT&T and they will do it for you...sometimes they ask you if you're travelling internationally, just tell them you are...i've unlocked liek 7 phones in the past 6 months.
    04-30-08 10:40 PM
    call AT&T and they will do it for you...sometimes they ask you if you're travelling internationally, just tell them you are...i've unlocked liek 7 phones in the past 6 months.
    Agreed. I called AT&T a week ago because I am traveling. I was unlocked and off the phone in less than 6 minutes.
    04-30-08 10:45 PM
    Agreed. I called AT&T a week ago because I am traveling. I was unlocked and off the phone in less than 6 minutes.
    Wow...Thats very quick! AT&T usually takes about 2 days to email me back a unlock code.
    05-01-08 12:29 AM
    I was surprised too. But I Told the CSR where I was going and she gave me the unlock code on the phone and waited to make sure it worked.
    05-01-08 12:31 AM
    Unlock codes are provided pretty fast with AT&T without a hassle.

Call them up and let them know it's for international travel and you should have it pretty fast.
    05-01-08 05:23 PM
    I can not believe how long it took for me to get my unlock code from att. ten minutes only becuz they were busy.matter of fact not just one curve but two of them. wow
    05-13-08 09:52 AM
    I think it depends on the csr you speak to. Ive gotten codes over the phone without having to wait for an email
    05-13-08 10:01 AM
    I've never unlocked a phone before. Is the unlock code good on any BB from any service provider?
    05-14-08 03:41 PM
    Well the unlock codes work on GSM blackberries.

No reason to unlock them unless you're going to use a branded BB on a different GSM carrier. For example, I have a T-mobile 8320 unlocked and I use it on AT&T.
    05-14-08 10:51 PM
    Greetings,
    I see this topic come up over and over. I've tried any number of times to get AT&T to provide me with an unlock code for my phones (not just a BB). To me it's funny how people say that carriers will provide unlock codes for their phones with a call to customer service. I mean why do you think carriers lock their phones? If it were that easy, why are there so many companies out there offering unlocking services for a fee. They do it because carriers are not interested in allowing you to use your phone on anothers providers network. They want you to use the phone in accordance with your service agreement and their business model. This means using their fee based GPS/Navigation software, ringtones, themes, music and branding. If you travel, they want you to subscribe/add an international roaming plan. Phones are locked so that carriers can dictate the features and services offered to customers. I travel internationally, and have brought this to their attention any number of times.

This is where they direct you:

International calling rates and packages | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

Link provided elsewhere by Jayden0606
    Last edited by shadowsports; 05-18-08 at 04:59 PM.
    05-18-08 04:12 PM
    Well you obviously haven't asked them properly...I've gotten TONS of phones unlocked in the past year, even 2-3 at a time...plus AT&T doesn't restrict you and force you to use their services...so basically you're getting screwed and you don't know how to take advantage of the opportunities available, there is lots of free software/workarounds out there, yes the carrier wants to charge you, but they have to unlock your phone by law now
    05-18-08 07:44 PM
    how do i unlocked my 8110 without calling the csr?
    05-18-08 09:46 PM
    how do i unlocked my 8110 without calling the csr?
    buy an unlock code from 3rd party that specialized in unlocking BB.so best bet is to call csr ( since it is free)
    05-19-08 04:41 AM
    I've never unlocked a phone before. Is the unlock code good on any BB from any service provider?
    If you're asking whether you can use the same unlock code on a different blackberry, that is incorrect the code is generated based on the IMEI of the device.
    05-23-08 12:00 PM
    OK, I decided to get my unlock code as we're headed to Mexico later this year. I called the international number listed above and got my code in a few minutes. It actually took longer to get through the voice prompts before I got to speak to someone.
    But a quick question; where do I enter the code? The lady on the phone said that when I put a new sim card in in Mexico that I will get prompted to enter the unlock code. btu I see people here saying they entered it right away. Where do I enter it?

Thanks!
    Brian
    06-18-09 01:31 PM
    OK, I decided to get my unlock code as we're headed to Mexico later this year. I called the international number listed above and got my code in a few minutes. It actually took longer to get through the voice prompts before I got to speak to someone.
    But a quick question; where do I enter the code? The lady on the phone said that when I put a new sim card in in Mexico that I will get prompted to enter the unlock code. btu I see people here saying they entered it right away. Where do I enter it?

Thanks!
    Brian
    you don't have to wait just do this
    1) Insert SIM
    2) Power on device
    3) Go to settings/advanced options/sim card
    4) Type MEPD (brings up addional 'hidden' menu)
    5) Type MEP2 (alt+E)
    6) Enter code
    06-18-09 01:37 PM
    Can I do this with my current sim in place? I have not yet bought a sim for Mexico.

So my sim is in place and being used currently. Can I just pick up from step 3?
    Thanks!
    Brian

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 03:13 PM
    can you call att if you are not with them
    lol
    i want to save 3 bucks
    06-18-09 06:24 PM
    Hope this helps you....

1) Need a SIM card inserted into the phone
    2) Click on manage connections, select turn all connections off
    3) Go to Settings Menu, Options, Advanced Options and then SIM Card.
    4) Hit the menu button and select show keyboard
    5) Type in mepd using the keyboard (nothing will show on screen)
    6) Type in mep2 another screen pops up for the code
    7) Enter the code, remember you ONLY have 10 chances to get it right
    8) Press the enter key
    9) A message will appear saying code accepted
    10) Turn device off, insert SIM of your choice if have not done so already
    11) Turn the phone back on
    12) Go to Options, then Mobile Network, on the third row switch it to GSM/UMTS and you're done.

Issues:
    1) If you have issues with the phone not recognizing the network, make sure the radio is on by making sure it is not low on power.
    2) Sometimes the phone requires you to do "m e p p d" instead of "m e p d" and if that occurs, you will need to do "m e p p 2" instead of "m e p 2"
    3) If you have issues with the network not working after you have finished and the phone isn't low on power, switch from Global to GSM to Verizon a few times (keep on doing) and after 3 times of the process completed, leave it on GSM. Should work now.

Removing "Activation Required" on the screen:
    1) On the main screen of the phone, press ##000000
    2) For the Mobile Directory Number, put in your phone number in there.
    3) After you have done that, press the menu button to save the options and the phone will automatically restart

Issues:
    1) If you have issues with the phone not recognizing the network, make sure the radio is on by making sure it is not low on power.
    2) Sometimes the phone requires you to do "m e p p d" instead of "m e p d" and if that occurs, you will need to do "m e p p 2" instead of "m e p 2"
    3) If you have issues with the network not working after you have finished and the phone isn't low on power, switch from Global to GSM to Verizon a few times (keep on doing) and after 3 times of the process completed, leave it on GSM. Should work now.

Removing "Activation Required" on the screen:
    1) On the main screen of the phone, press ##000000
    2) For the Mobile Directory Number, put in your phone number in there.
    3) After you have done that, press the menu button to save the options and the phone will automatically restart
    06-18-09 08:32 PM
    Just called AT&T to try... total phone call was about five minutes, the rep gave the code right away (I said I'd be leaving the country), and then told me the steps how to unlock it. Easy.

06-19-09 11:54 AM
    Puk locked blackberry 8320
    11-10-15 11:50 PM
    Need to reset
    11-10-15 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD