I have Verizon Blackberry Curve 8330... I would like to unlock it from Verizon's network, and use it in place of my phone on the ATT network... Anybody have any helpful suggestions... Smart-aleck need not apply....
    03-02-10 03:21 PM
    Is it a smart-aleck remark to say that a Verizon 8330 doesn't have a SIM card and can't be unlocked.
    03-02-10 03:24 PM
    No can do… Verizon is cdma technology and AT&T uses gsm or sim card technology… Your device is to be used on Verizon unless one of the smaller cdma network carriers will let you activate it.
    03-02-10 03:25 PM
    Simple links are just fine, no reason to point other things out to the new user... (So those comments are removed) Let's be welcoming to people when they come here.

If you feel like you are handing them a platter when they post a thread and get aggrivated by doing so, then please do not respond...

Make people feel welcome is all I am saying
    03-03-10 12:41 AM
    Simple links are just fine, no reason to point other things out to the new user... (So those comments are removed) Let's be welcoming to people when they come here.

If you feel like you are handing them a platter when they post a thread and get aggrivated by doing so, then please do not respond...

Make people feel welcome is all I am saying
    no problem. he requested in his original post that "smart aleck need not respond". i wanted him to know i wasnt trying to be one. i was just trying to show our new friend that the search function may yield alternate results. its an overlooked tool that most new member miss, and i just wanted him to be aware of its potential. all of the threads i posted contained relevant information regarding his post.
    03-03-10 12:49 AM
    Very well.

He/she may have also not seen the thread tool that will suggest old threads before posting a new one..
    03-03-10 12:58 AM
    Very well.

He/she may have also not seen the thread tool that will suggest old threads before posting a new one..
    its fairly safe to say new forum users never search a forum prior to posting their topic as they may not be aware of forum rules or functions. which is why i like to post previous threads showing them the popularity of their question.
    03-03-10 02:30 AM
    I have Verizon Blackberry Curve 8330... I would like to unlock it from Verizon's network, and use it in place of my phone on the ATT network... Anybody have any helpful suggestions... Smart-aleck need not apply....
    Sorry it cannot be unlocked due to not having a SIM card slot. The 8830W, storm's 1 and 2 and the Tour 9630 can be unlocked.
    03-03-10 11:05 AM
    ===== QUOTE dtmartin ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Sorry it cannot be unlocked due to not having a SIM card slot. The 8830W, storm's 1 and 2 and the Tour 9630 can be unlocked.
    You cannot use an unlocked 8830 on any North American GSM network. The frequencies are not supported.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-03-10 02:06 PM
    Your best bet is to sell (or trade) your Verizon branded 8330, then get a compatible GSM Blackberry device. As mentioned, as long as the device is compatible with AT&T's GSM frequencies, it need not be AT&T branded, as it can be unlocked from the carrier's network and used with AT&T.
    03-03-10 02:12 PM
    You cannot use an unlocked 8830 on any North American GSM network. The frequencies are not supported.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    the frequencies are the same. its the technology thats different.
    03-03-10 07:18 PM
    I too would like to unlock my verizon bb 8330 curve so I can use it on an ATT network...., is it truly impossible to do or has some crazy awesome hacker figured out a way to beat the technology?
    03-11-10 04:32 PM
    I too would like to unlock my verizon bb 8330 curve so I can use it on an ATT network...., is it truly impossible to do or has some crazy awesome hacker figured out a way to beat the technology?
    NO sim card slot = impossible
    03-11-10 04:34 PM
    I think lak611 thought the OP said 8830 (since that what he wrote in his reply)....but its actually the 8330 being asked about, as we all now know CANT be unlocked to work on GSM carriers because there is no sim slot
    03-11-10 08:55 PM
    Absolutely no way to do it. You need a SIM card slot in the phone to be able to use an AT&T SIM. It would be like trying to play a DVD in a VHS Player
    03-12-10 12:53 AM
    My wife has a verizon 8330 that we got unlocked. We activated on metropcs.

DZL1.
    03-27-10 10:07 AM
    That's not unlocking that's getting it flashed. Two different things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 10:09 AM
    Oh OK.

DZL1.
    03-27-10 10:15 AM
    They flash (install) a PRL(carrier specific program) in order for it to be able to be activated and function on that network.

03-27-10 10:18 AM
    My wife has a verizon 8330 that we got unlocked. We activated on metropcs.

DZL1.
    Is your BBM working?
    03-27-10 11:23 AM
    No BBM. Only text, web, and picture mail.

DZL1.

03-27-10 11:53 AM
    I'm looking at a Verizon Blackberry 8330 right now and it HAS a SIM card slot behind the battery...Unlock a CDMA Verizon Blackberry Curve 8330-101_3511.jpg I've been thinking about using this phone as a Pre-Paid but haven't looked into who I can go to for activation, flash or card, yet.
    01-26-13 11:35 PM
    I'm looking at a Verizon Blackberry 8330 right now and it HAS a SIM card slot behind the battery...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_3511.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	132645 I've been thinking about using this phone as a Pre-Paid but haven't looked into who I can go to for activation, flash or card, yet.
    I never laughed so hard lol. That's a memory card slot buddy not a SIM card slot.
    pjturbo1 likes this.
    01-26-13 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD