I have been having tough time to unlock my bold 9000.

It's the unlock button, which is also the mute button located on the top left hand corner of bold 9000. This button broke down and seems unresponsive at times, but with enough force and luck, many times I can unlock my bold - but it is very tiring and inconvenient.

Is this the sort of problem where I need to change some hardware part of bold or is it fixable by doing something like tightening the screws or something like that perhaps?

Any advices would be appreciated.

EDIT:
    - I'm using OS5 so the unlock sequence of * and the call button doesn't work, any way to make this work with OS5?
    - 100 views with no reply I guess this problem isn't an easy one to tackle huh >_<
    - Oh boy I guess that's it, I'm downgrading to OS4.6
    Last edited by Michaelyoh; 09-05-10 at 03:27 AM.
    09-03-10 10:48 PM
    Well if OS 4.6 doesn't fix your issue, I suggest maybe taking it to your local AT&T store and seeing what they can do for you. Otherwise, you can purchase some replacement parts off eBay for cheap.
    09-06-10 11:35 PM
    Well if OS 4.6 doesn't fix your issue, I suggest maybe taking it to your local AT&T store and seeing what they can do for you. Otherwise, you can purchase some replacement parts off eBay for cheap.
    It fixed it since I can use the * + call unlock sequence but I think the mute button itself is still out of function.

I doubt if I can purchase it off ebay since I believe it's the bit that is on the PCB that needs fixing. Thx for the reply anyway. The first after 142 views. ><
    09-07-10 09:43 AM
    It seems that mute key is just not built to be durable, i never used it on * phone unlock builds, and when I started using builds with unlock function on mute key it just stopped to respond after some while as Michaelyoh said.

I reverted to old * phone unlock build
    09-07-10 10:23 AM
    I have RMA'd 2 Bold's for this same reason. Especially now that you can't use the * button in later OS builds, the mute button goes out pretty quickly. It's ridiculous.
    09-07-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD