I have my bold unlocked, I know I can pick up a prepaid sim over there, Europe.

But does that allow me to call friends in Europe and them to call me on the lower prepaid rate?
    Does it allow me to call back to the states @ the lower rate or is that @ the ATT rate, in my instance?
    And can friends in the states call me and is that @ the prepaid rate or ATT?
    How does it affect texting if at all / charges?
    Does it effect internet connectivity / charges?

Thanks ahead of time for your help folks.
    07-02-09 01:47 PM
    If you have a european sim card you have a european number, any charges are different depending on the provider.
    07-02-09 01:49 PM
    I travel over seas quite a bit, and i would say that i have nothing but problems when dealing with the prepaid european sims. ATT offers a $64.99 plan for your blackberry that allows unlimited data, and its only $0.99 a min. If your traveling to Europe this is what i strongly suggest doing. You are going to have nothing but problems if you start using your prepaid sims..
    07-02-09 01:50 PM
    I travel over seas quite a bit, and i would say that i have nothing but problems when dealing with the prepaid european sims. ATT offers a $64.99 plan for your blackberry that allows unlimited data, and its only $0.99 a min. If your traveling to Europe this is what i strongly suggest doing. You are going to have nothing but problems if you start using your prepaid sims..
    What about places besides anywhere in Europe. I'm talking East Asia. China, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, etc. Those places.
    07-02-09 11:53 PM
    Most european providers doesn't support the BB service with a prepaid sim. You can sms and make calls, but can't receive your emails. I suggest you to ask your american provider if they offer an international data plan and use this one instead

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 12:17 AM
    I travel overseas a bit too, an I have had no problems using Pre-paid sims in my BB Bold?

The only downside is the lack of data, however you can still call european and US phones at the Pre-paid carriers rate!

Out of curiosity, what problems were you having?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 01:32 AM
    I'll be traveling to France & Switzerland--what can I expect to pay for a sim card and can I use that sim card again when I travel back to France next summer or does it expire in 6 months? Thanks for any advice you can offer... (BTW, I have a Sprint 8830 but am not a Sprint customer--and don't want to rent a phone and pay $1.29/minute with my company.)
    07-03-09 10:33 AM
    subscribe.
    good info in here
    07-03-09 04:05 PM
    That is the one thing I miss about my WM phone. As it wasn't tied to BB, I can toss any SIM, it will autoload the carrier settings and boom, data, voice, everything.

Vodaphone has $1 for 10mb / day, which is perfect when roaming.

With a BB voice is no problem, but it is impossible to data roam...
    07-03-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD