01-13-10 09:52 PM
37 12
tools
    But then wouldn't I be buying someone else's number?
    No you want to buy a New/Unused SIM card, then you simply call Rogers and tell them you lost your SIM card and that you have a new one and give them the number and they will port your number to that SIM card.
    01-13-10 04:18 PM
    You might have an IT policy issue.
    The phone might have been on a BES before and was lost.

Look up the forums regarding IT policy.
    01-13-10 04:38 PM
    No you want to buy a New/Unused SIM card, then you simply call Rogers and tell them you lost your SIM card and that you have a new one and give them the number and they will port your number to that SIM card.
    Will Rogers do that for free? It just seems like an unnecessary cost when the eBay item auction said it would work fine with ANY sim.
    01-13-10 04:46 PM
    Will Rogers do that for free? It just seems like an unnecessary cost when the eBay item auction said it would work fine with ANY sim.
    They will switch the number to the new SIM for free, but they will charge you for a new SIM if you want to get it from them.
    01-13-10 04:47 PM
    They will switch the number to the new SIM for free, but they will charge you for a new SIM if you want to get it from them.
    Will I still be able to use 3G if I'm using an older SIM? What's the difference between the one I need and the one I have now??
    01-13-10 04:54 PM
    Will I still be able to use 3G if I'm using an older SIM? What's the difference between the one I need and the one I have now??
    Yes you will be able to.
    01-13-10 04:58 PM
    The difference is the newer ones have a PUK lock on it which prevents you from using 3G on unlocked phones. It's not the ebay sellers fault, if he's from the States he probably didn't know it wouldn't work with 3G. Technically it does work if you just pop your sim in, just not at 3G speeds.
    01-13-10 05:30 PM
    So if I'm searching on eBay for a Rogers Sim Card, how do I determine that I'm buying the right kind/the version I need? Most items I see for sale don't really specify that kind of info... :/
    01-13-10 05:47 PM
    You have to make sure it's a 3040 sim. It cannot be a 4000 sim. Check Red Flag Deals I know I've seen some for sale on there.

This guy is selling 3040 sims RFD
    Last edited by OviFan; 01-13-10 at 07:44 PM.
    01-13-10 07:32 PM
    Will check with some dealers we deal with in Montreal if they have any old ones in stock.
    01-13-10 09:29 PM
    You have to make sure it's a 3040 sim. It cannot be a 4000 sim. Check Red Flag Deals I know I've seen some for sale on there.

This guy is selling 3040 sims RFD
    I've never heard of that website before. How do you buy things from a forum post?
    01-13-10 09:35 PM
    Same as CrackBerry, either local meetups or through the mail. Are you in Montreal? You might be able to find some a cell shops around town or in the Eaton Centre
    01-13-10 09:52 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD