Hi I have an curve 8310 which is set to run on Rogers. I want to know if it is unlocked will it run on the Wind network? Both are GSM but the Wind is a different frequency. I noticed that the newer curves will run on any. If it will work is there an easy way to the sim blocking without costing a fortune and I can easily do it. I am no longer with rogers and regardless would not provide me with the information and I can't get it from RIM. This phone has not been used in over a year and would love to get it running again.

Ashley
    11-12-10 05:57 PM
    The 8310 is only 850/1900 mhz frequency whereas wind runs on AWS 1700 mhz frequency. Therefore the rogers phone likely won't pick up the wind mobile signal. I have seen a few posts saying that wind mobile does have those other frequencies, but the majority state the rogers phones don't work. sorry to bear the bad news
    11-12-10 09:10 PM
    thank you, I just found that out about an hour ago. I do know that Rogers has phones that will run that frequency, the Bold for one will run. Wind has the Bold and a Curve coming out so I am going to see what happens. But I will be in the states in a few weeks and I am going to see what I can find there. I might pick up a phone from T-Mobile and they are the same frequency and My carrier said they can arrange for a lock code for it. I guess my Old curve that I love just has to be retired. No amount of phone love and missing the Blackberry would make me switch back to Rogers. For now I have to stick to my nokia
    11-13-10 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD