Hello friends,

I currently have a Blackberry Storm 9530 with Telus (Canada) and im going to europe in 3 days. I was wondering if there was any quick way to unlock my phone and use it with a sim card in europe. I would love to get the opinion from any telus customers or any Storm owners in general. Is there any conflicts or problems i should be worried about. Any advice or suggestions are well appreciated.
    08-06-09 11:26 AM
    yes be worried
    08-06-09 11:29 AM
    I would try emailing the guys at cellunlock.net and see how fast they can get a code for you. They helped unlock my spare curve the night before I left. Got me the code for that in a few minutes. Storm might be harder though, however, I unlocked my storm when they first started getting the codes so it took a week or so but times might have changed ...

But you shouldn't have any problems if you buy a prepaid sim card put it into the phone and change your settings to GSM rather then CDMA which is what it's set on now I believe. Go to Options>Mobile Network and you will see what I'm talking about. (This is if your storm is unlocked)

I just got back from Europe yesterday and had a spare curve to use there as I wanted data and hooked up a monthly plan while there, but they also gave me a free prepaid card which I used in my storm and it worked fine. So you shouldn't have any problems.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by StevenG; 08-06-09 at 11:49 AM.
    08-06-09 11:41 AM
    Just an extra note if you have been using hybrids or any leaked OS and used lyricidals shrink an OS make sure that you didn't have the program remove the Simcard Compatibility stuff cause then it won't work. If you don't know what I'm talking about then it's probably not a problem
    08-06-09 11:44 AM
    thank a lot steve...that was really helpful. I just got hold of telus and they gave me an unlock code, im following the process but it is not poping up the "enter code window" when i put mep 2....any help with that?
    08-06-09 12:09 PM
    thank a lot steve...that was really helpful. I just got hold of telus and they gave me an unlock code, im following the process but it is not poping up the "enter code window" when i put mep 2....any help with that?
    Yup... First go to the simcard screen in options then tilt the phone sideways and when the keyboard comes up enter the following:

MEPD and then MEP2 and the code part should pop up. Let me know if that works for you.

By the way, you have to have a sim inserted into the phone for this to work. Telus should have given you some Sim when you bought it just put that in for now just so you can get to the MEPD and MEP2 part once the code is accepted you can use any.
    08-06-09 01:03 PM
    How the heck did you get Telus to give you an unlock code? I've been told that they aren't giving these out to anybody!!!
    08-06-09 11:44 PM
    I had my Telus storm unlocked by uniquephones, one day, no problems. the limk is in my signature. I highly recommend them
    08-07-09 12:20 AM
    my friend found a telus storm 3 months ago and has given it to me. will telus still give me the unlock code even if it isn't my phone?
    09-10-09 12:38 PM
    Telus will likely only give it you if you actually have an account with them, which also means it needs a clean ESN. So if your friend 'found' one and just gave it to you, chances are it was reported lost and therefore they won't help you.
    09-10-09 01:02 PM
    So your saying that if you are a Telus client (me), i can simply call Telus and ask them for an unlock code?! This is real?! And its free?!?!
    09-16-09 07:46 AM
    Oh and what number would i be calling??
    09-16-09 07:47 AM
    This is their number Telus Canada toll-free: 1-866-558-2273
    09-20-09 06:52 PM
    Unless Telus has changed their way of dealing with people recently. they DO NOT give out unlock codes. Every Telus user I know who has unlocked their phones have used one of the unlocker service providers like UniquePhone, they unlocked my Storm with no problems at all
    09-20-09 09:13 PM
    What the OP likely got from Telus was the security code for the world sim card included with the phone. No way in HE!! they'll ever give you an actual unlock code.

I used these guys and had it in ~12 hours and lots of support afterward......

http://www.freeyourcellphone.com/

Have fun!

R...

Unless Telus has changed their way of dealing with people recently. they DO NOT give out unlock codes. Every Telus user I know who has unlocked their phones have used one of the unlocker service providers like UniquePhone, they unlocked my Storm with no problems at all
    09-20-09 09:24 PM

hi jonidhametaj do you still have that code from telus?.....Anyone please help with the unlock code for my Telus Storm 9530.
    07-16-11 03:07 PM
    unlock codes are unique to each phone. They have to be generated by a person or business who has the appropriate code generating software and your phones unique ESN.
    07-17-11 01:23 AM
    hi jonidhametaj do you still have that code from telus?.....Anyone please help with the unlock code for my Telus Storm 9530.
    You will want to contact one of the trusted unlockers in the forum to get a unlock code for your device....
    07-17-11 03:29 PM
    There are a number of unlockers with great feedback on Crackberry.com. Email one of us or send your order through on our websites. Most of us only take 1-5 minutes to process

But PLEASE do not enter other people's codes. You will lock your device and it will cost you a lot more to get it unlocked after that...
    07-17-11 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD