I got his sprint nextel Blackberry curve 8350i. I want to know can I use it with my t-mobile sim card? it has a slot for it... and I'm working on getting it unlocked.

also how do you restore a blackberry to factory settings?

Thanks.
    09-07-09 02:08 AM
    I got his sprint nextel Blackberry curve 8350i. I want to know can I use it with my t-mobile sim card? it has a slot for it... and I'm working on getting it unlocked.

also how do you restore a blackberry to factory settings?

Thanks.
    Most CDMA phones (phones intended for Verizon, Sprint, Bell) aren't built with the frequencies to function on North American GSM networks (such as AT&T and T-Mobile). I'm fairly certain the 8350i is not an exception (while the Storm and Tour are).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 06:24 AM
    To restore a BB back to factory settings go to Options>Security Options>General Settings>hit BB Menu key>select wipe handheld...
    09-07-09 06:51 AM
    Most CDMA phones (phones intended for Verizon, Sprint, Bell) aren't built with the frequencies to function on North American GSM networks (such as AT&T and T-Mobile). I'm fairly certain the 8350i is not an exception (while the Storm and Tour are).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thats only partly true......phones like the storm have dual mode functionalty and sim sockets ....you can enable them to work on GSM networks but youll need the service books......unfortunately I know liitle about sprint networks so I'll pass and see if someone with more experience with that network can help you on that portion.....
    09-07-09 10:50 AM
    Dont do it. I had a Storm and unlocked it for tmobile. it worked good for a few months then crapped out.
    09-11-09 12:34 PM
    thats only partly true......phones like the storm have dual mode functionalty and sim sockets ....you can enable them to work on GSM networks but youll need the service books......unfortunately I know liitle about sprint networks so I'll pass and see if someone with more experience with that network can help you on that portion.....
    This is what I was referring to:

BlackBerry - Curve Battery Life, Memory and More Specifications

Those North American and European GSM bands are unchecked for the 8350 so there is no way it can work for a GSM carrier. It's not a hybrid/World Phone as the Storm and Tour are (the 8830 is as well but the only GSM frequencies it's built with are Eurasian bands).
    09-11-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD