09-17-10 12:35 AM
175 ... 4567
tools
    ok so you enter the ## 'locknumber' then there is a mep code to enter at that screen which unlocks the phone? So the mep number is a number created by bell in my case?
    You need MEP and SP unlock code. ##xxxxxx is only for CDMA phones
    11-09-09 05:28 PM
    I'm sorry I am a real noob at this. I thought bell was CDMA? So does that mean I can use the phone on other cdma networks?
    11-09-09 05:45 PM
    I'm sorry I am a real noob at this. I thought bell was CDMA? So does that mean I can use the phone on other cdma networks?
    Bell launched HSPA Network which is GSM now and the 9700 is only GSM not CDMA
    11-09-09 05:50 PM
    ok I just want to make sure I give you all the right info. I bought my storm, 9530, 1 year ago. I just got my replacement under warrant today, is the new replacement the 9530 or the 9700 or are they the same with a changed network?
    11-09-09 05:52 PM
    ok I just want to make sure I give you all the right info. I bought my storm, 9530, 1 year ago. I just got my replacement under warrant today, is the new replacement the 9530 or the 9700 or are they the same with a changed network?
    If you received a 9530 the your phone is CDMA and GSM. You can check by going to Options/About
    11-09-09 05:54 PM
    it's a 9530, so clear things up for me. If I get an unlock code from you guys how does it work?
    11-09-09 06:04 PM
    it's a 9530, so clear things up for me. If I get an unlock code from you guys how does it work?
    Ok, well pretty simple, we need the imei and we email you the unlock code and instructions. You can place the order on our site and use coupon code "crackb50" and get 50%. Code is emailed almost instantly
    11-09-09 06:13 PM
    ok and I can use my storm on any network CDMA or GSM?
    11-09-09 06:15 PM
    ok and I can use my storm on any network CDMA or GSM?
    On CDMA you will only be able to use it with Bell, on GSM you will be able to use the SIM card of your choice.
    11-09-09 06:18 PM
    what about pay as you go?
    11-09-09 06:20 PM
    what about pay as you go?
    You can use that as well
    11-09-09 06:26 PM
    First - Nobody is a moron because they do not understand unlocking questions. It's not exactly part of a corporate training to learn how to help a customer use his device with another carrier's network!??!? The idea is to sell the best products, have the best network, competitive pricing to help people like you to find ways to save at the same time as using a device that will work right away and the best customer service. Unfortunately, it does not always work out as expected because there are MANY things to know about the network, it's not just a question of a nice device and a bill coming in every month. We are working hard to make the customer experience as great as possible...

2nd, the only unlocked BB is the 8830; the Storm and the Tour ARE locked. You may unlock them with a wise tech but once unlocked, you can never go back. An unlocked phone is no longer guaranteed and any problems that you may have in the future may cost you to get it repaired. It's a questions of odds and I hope you do not have any problems, they are Blackberries after all, they're tough little toys

Also know that the BB 8830 SIMCARDS ARE NOT compatible with the new HSPA/HSPA+ network, but any new HSPA device comes with a USIM card.... This new network is a turning point in Telecommunication history - Do the experience once and trust me, it's oustanding!!
    11-12-09 09:48 AM
    Unlocking a Blackberry by code will not void the warranty...your provider might say so, but we've returned numerous units unlocked under warranty and have never had any issues. They don't even check for that.

Some phones (some Nokia models) need to be opened and worked on board in order to get unlocked, obviously that will void the warranty of the phone.

But all Blackberry unlocking is done by code and does not void the warranty.
    11-12-09 10:06 AM
    First - Nobody is a moron because they do not understand unlocking questions. It's not exactly part of a corporate training to learn how to help a customer use his device with another carrier's network!??!? The idea is to sell the best products, have the best network, competitive pricing to help people like you to find ways to save at the same time as using a device that will work right away and the best customer service. Unfortunately, it does not always work out as expected because there are MANY things to know about the network, it's not just a question of a nice device and a bill coming in every month. We are working hard to make the customer experience as great as possible...

2nd, the only unlocked BB is the 8830; the Storm and the Tour ARE locked. You may unlock them with a wise tech but once unlocked, you can never go back. An unlocked phone is no longer guaranteed and any problems that you may have in the future may cost you to get it repaired. It's a questions of odds and I hope you do not have any problems, they are Blackberries after all, they're tough little toys

Also know that the BB 8830 SIMCARDS ARE NOT compatible with the new HSPA/HSPA+ network, but any new HSPA device comes with a USIM card.... This new network is a turning point in Telecommunication history - Do the experience once and trust me, it's oustanding!!
    Sorry but unlocking your device will not EVER harm it.
    11-12-09 11:32 AM
    My Storm has been unlocked for many months now and no problems. The only way they would know it was unlocked was eiter you told them or they went looking specifically for it. If you phone is dead, and you take it in for repairs/exchange, they would never know.
    11-24-09 01:07 AM
    Hi All,

I am a total newbie to all this... i have a BB Storm on the bell network, i got it about 3 months after they came out. Anyway, i am sick of Bell, and i would like to unlock my phone so it works on rogers. But i have a few questions,
    1. if i unlock my phone does that mean i will not be able to use PIN/data/web/BIS e-mail?
    2. would i be able to get a monthly plan from rogers or only pay as you go?
    3. since my phone is not on a contract, can i cancel my bell account altogether once my phone is unlocked and working on rogers?

Thanks for your help everyone
    11-30-09 05:11 PM
    Hi All,

I am a total newbie to all this... i have a BB Storm on the bell network, i got it about 3 months after they came out. Anyway, i am sick of Bell, and i would like to unlock my phone so it works on rogers. But i have a few questions,
    1. if i unlock my phone does that mean i will not be able to use PIN/data/web/BIS e-mail?

Yes it i wll if you get a BB Data Plan.

Not sure something you would have to look up on their site.

3. since my phone is not on a contract, can i cancel my bell account altogether once my phone is unlocked and working on rogers?

Yes no contract no obligation.

Let us know if you need it unlocked.
    11-30-09 05:13 PM
    Hi All,

You will still be able to use BBM/PIN/DATA/EMAILS if you have a Blackberry data plan with Rogers.

You wll have to get monthly plan because I don't think Rogers offers Data on prepaid.

Yes you cancel your Bell account anytime, even before you unlock it.

We can help you unlock it
    11-30-09 05:14 PM
    Ok so one more question,

when i call rogers what am i asking for? do i just ask them for a sim activated with a specific plan? how does that work? do i tell them i have a storm that i want to activate on thier network and they'll know what to do?

sorry these may be dumb questions, but i am really trying to do all my homework before i spend 50-60 bucks to unlock my phone
    11-30-09 06:16 PM
    Ok so one more question,

when i call rogers what am i asking for? do i just ask them for a sim activated with a specific plan? how does that work? do i tell them i have a storm that i want to activate on thier network and they'll know what to do?

sorry these may be dumb questions, but i am really trying to do all my homework before i spend 50-60 bucks to unlock my phone
    You can call them or go to a store and sign-up for any of their plan and you have to add also a Blackberry Data Plan.
    11-30-09 07:01 PM
    Thanks Cellunlocknet,

not sure i quite understand though, what should i be asking for when i call them? i just want a plan i don't need a phone? they won't care? they won't ask for that IMEI code thing?

also, and no offence Cellunlocknet, but 59.99 seems high, i have seen others who offer the code for 20.99 and 24.99 (I've even seen one site that offers it for 9.99 but the site seem sketchy) is there something that you offer that the others don't?
    11-30-09 08:31 PM
    ......>>>>>
    Last edited by lbfe; 02-25-13 at 10:58 AM.
    11-30-09 08:50 PM
    Thanks Cellunlocknet,

not sure i quite understand though, what should i be asking for when i call them? i just want a plan i don't need a phone? they won't care? they won't ask for that IMEI code thing?

also, and no offence Cellunlocknet, but 59.99 seems high, i have seen others who offer the code for 20.99 and 24.99 (I've even seen one site that offers it for 9.99 but the site seem sketchy) is there something that you offer that the others don't?
    Yes we do reliability and speed and we will never be undersold $9.99 is sketchy I admit. We do offer 50% Discount for Crackberry members but will beat any legitimate price offered
    11-30-09 09:42 PM
    i can do for 15
    mail me sdtvteam@gmail.com
    i can vouch for this guy.. i got two unlock codes from him last night, and they worked flawlessly. im sure the other guys that unlock on here are great too..
    11-30-09 11:59 PM
    Thanks Cellunlocknet,

Hope you are not talking about us, we do sell blackberry unlock code for $9.99 but we are not sketchy, we also had promo price for $4.99 during our crackberry contest 2 weeks ago.
    12-01-09 05:37 PM
175 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD