09-16-10 11:35 PM
175 ... 34567
tools
    Hi, I am new to all this so I am just gonna give it a shot here. I just got a Blackberry Storm that was on Bell and it was unlocked and working fine. The midway through the day my phone was not registering the Rogers net work and I was no longer able to call text or anything on it anymore. Is it possible that my phone re-locked??? I am not sure what to do. I do not have the unlock code to try unlocking it again. Any advice????
    09-06-09 10:39 PM
    Hi, I am new to all this so I am just gonna give it a shot here. I just got a Blackberry Storm that was on Bell and it was unlocked and working fine. The midway through the day my phone was not registering the Rogers net work and I was no longer able to call text or anything on it anymore. Is it possible that my phone re-locked??? I am not sure what to do. I do not have the unlock code to try unlocking it again. Any advice????
    No the phone cannot relock in any way, even if you reset it or do a software update. Go to Options/Mobile Network and make sure Technology is set to GSM/UMTS and then select 2G.

If that doesn't help, try a battery pull.
    09-07-09 01:05 AM
    Hi ngreen, I've a Storm 9530 with Bell mobility can you help me please.
    09-08-09 09:12 AM
    Hi, I've a Storm 9530 with Bell mobility can you help me please.
    We can help you Unlock your Blackberry
    09-08-09 11:11 PM
    Ngreen could you please email me how to unlock my bell bb storm to use my Rogers sim?! Angelgregoire_43@yahoo.ca
    10-12-09 11:59 PM
    Ngreen could you please email me how to unlock my bell bb storm to use my Rogers sim?! Angelgregoire_43@yahoo.ca
    We can unlock your Bell Storm
    10-13-09 12:06 AM
    Ngree pls email me options to unlock Blackberry Storm on Bell Canada.

Thanks
    Firoz
    firozozman@gmail.com
    10-29-09 06:36 PM

Thanks
    Firoz
    firozozman@gmail.com
    We can unlock your storm for you.
    10-29-09 06:39 PM
    Let any one of us know if you have any questions about unlocking your storm
    10-29-09 06:42 PM

Thanks
    Firoz
    firozozman@gmail.com
    It was a pleasure unlocking your Storm. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 11:54 PM
    When unlocking a Bell 9530 Storm to use on the Rogers network, does it work in 3G and can you use all it's functions (data, web, etc)? Will it work using a BES server?

thanks!
    11-02-09 09:24 PM
    No because or the different frequency bands supported no 3G. But everyone else will work.

11-02-09 09:29 PM
    so then it will work with BES servers?

thanks for the quick reply!
    11-02-09 09:33 PM
    Yes it will

11-02-09 09:35 PM
    thanks again just bought an unlocked bell 9530 off ebay and looking forward to getting it up and running with the 5.0 OS too!
    11-02-09 09:38 PM
    Your welcome

11-02-09 09:42 PM
    I am sure someone has figured this out if it is even uselful but thought I would post it regardless.

I have a 9530 with bell. I took the extended warranty and to make a long story short I used it. Upon receiving my new storm I used bell.ca to activate it. The site then gave me the, as they call it, lock code. I entered it in and it took me to the CDMA service edit screen. I am just curious if this is to unlock the storm to be used on another network?

If this is to unlock the storm please let me know what the next step is on the CDMA Service Edit Screen? Do I just change the phone number after signing up with someone else?

Thanks,
    Chris
    11-09-09 01:25 PM
    This is to activate with the new carrier on their cdma network. You would have contact the carrier for more help.
    11-09-09 01:27 PM
    I am sure someone has figured this out if it is even uselful but thought I would post it regardless.

I have a 9530 with bell. I took the extended warranty and to make a long story short I used it. Upon receiving my new storm I used bell.ca to activate it. The site then gave me the, as they call it, lock code. I entered it in and it took me to the CDMA service edit screen. I am just curious if this is to unlock the storm to be used on another network?

If this is to unlock the storm please let me know what the next step is on the CDMA Service Edit Screen? Do I just change the phone number after signing up with someone else?

Thanks,
    Chris
    No you will need the get the Network MEP code which will enable you to use the phone with a GSM carrier.

We can unlock it for you.
    11-09-09 01:28 PM
    Hi NGreen, can you PM me? I would like to have mine unlocked too!!

Thanks!
    11-09-09 02:11 PM
    Just another NGreen impersonation. LOL
    11-09-09 03:43 PM
    ok so I am confused, when you unlock the phone it is usable on any network? Why would I not need the network MEP number then?
    11-09-09 04:22 PM
    ok so I am confused, when you unlock the phone it is usable on any network? Why would I not need the network MEP number then?
    You will need to get both code in order to be able to use the Bell 9700 on other networks
    11-09-09 04:23 PM
    That's the unlock code.
    11-09-09 04:23 PM
    ok so you enter the ## 'locknumber' then there is a mep code to enter at that screen which unlocks the phone? So the mep number is a number created by bell in my case?
    11-09-09 04:25 PM
175 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD