09-16-10 11:35 PM
175 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Hey ngreen could you PM me I am on Bell
    07-25-09 11:24 AM
    ngreen can u help me to unlock my storm too?? i can't pm yet tho..
    07-25-09 12:02 PM
    can i also receive a pm from somebody with regards to how to unlock my bberry storm 9530 from bell?
    07-25-09 02:47 PM
    Your welcome any thing else let me know
    ngreen- would you happen to know if unlocking my 9530 from Bell would void my manufacturer's warranty?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 06:14 PM
    No it does not.
    07-29-09 06:27 PM
    hello ngreen can you sendme info for unlocking storm from Bell
    07-31-09 03:36 AM
    Ngreen,
    Could you please send me some info as well about unlocking Bell Storm?

Thank you.
    08-02-09 01:09 PM
    Ngreen,
    Could you please send me some info as well about unlocking Bell Storm?

Thank you.
    We can help you unlock your Bell Storm
    08-02-09 10:52 PM
    Just an FYI, don't EVER use Unique Unlock. I tried them and purchased an unlock code but it never worked and it was due to the fact that they say they unlock Rogers Blackberry Storms (Which we all know, DOESNT EXIST) and so the code they gave me wouldnt work and they refused to give me my money. They also have the worst customer service ever. Very disappointed. So. That being said I refuse to pay another 25 bucks to be ripped off. Stay away from them. If anyone wants to help a friend out though still...maybe make my day a little better? lol
    08-02-09 10:53 PM
    Just an FYI, don't EVER use Unique Unlock. I tried them and purchased an unlock code but it never worked and it was due to the fact that they say they unlock Rogers Blackberry Storms (Which we all know, DOESNT EXIST) and so the code they gave me wouldnt work and they refused to give me my money. They also have the worst customer service ever. Very disappointed. So. That being said I refuse to pay another 25 bucks to be ripped off. Stay away from them. If anyone wants to help a friend out though still...maybe make my day a little better? lol
    Hi
    We'll help you out!! Check your private message
    08-02-09 10:55 PM
    Ngreen will you send me the details on how to unlock my bell storm? I cant pm yet

Thanks
    08-05-09 08:23 AM
    *Update*- All Bell/Telus/Sprint Codes are delayed to Monday. If you haven't placed your order yet, you can do so and get your unlock code by Monday.
    08-05-09 10:41 AM
    Hey all.

Newbie here.

I'm with MTS in Winnipeg. Have an MTS activated CDMA sim card in my Storm.

Is anyone here from Winnipeg or in Manitoba that has an MTS Storm 9530 unlocked?

So what are the advantages to unlocking my Storm? I don't have a number from another carrier and don't plan on switching carriers either.
    Is the real only advantage to then be able to use the GSM portion of the phone to use the Rogers data portion network?

On a side note, I have handheld software version 4.7.0.122
    I'm reading on the Blackberry RIM site there is an upgrade to .148
    Does anyone know of this update being available for MTS? Seems we are (for now) the last to get new software updates...(I WANT STREAMING VIDEO TO BE ABLE TO WORK!)..The MMS portion works vs Telus version of the Storm...
    08-06-09 12:47 AM
    I want my storm 9530 from bell to be unlocl. I need the code. Can someone help me.
    Feel free to pin me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 10:46 AM
    hey ngreen, I'm with Bell and got a Storm 9530 too.. can you help me out to? really need to unlock this thing
    08-10-09 04:48 PM
    ngreen, I cant pvt msg on here yet.

I have an MTS bb Storm 9530.

What are the advantages to unlocking my storm?

Is the main one, being able to go onto using the Rogers 3G GSM network as well as the CDMA network MTS uses?
    08-10-09 11:10 PM
    i also need to unlock my storm 9530 from bell. ngreen please send info. thanks.
    08-11-09 06:07 AM
    You cannot unlock a CDMA phone.

Unlocking only works for GSM phones, say if you needed to put in an AT&T simcard to avoid the roaming charges.

Unfortunately, you're stuck.

However, it is an option for you to purchase a phone while you're in the states, and return it before you leave. Most places will allow you to return the product within 30 days.
    08-11-09 10:50 AM
    You are wrong! The Bell / Telus Storm is both CDMA and GSM and can be unlocked for any GSM carrier like Rogers, Fido, ATT , Tmobile etc.
    08-11-09 11:51 AM
    You cannot unlock a CDMA phone.

Unlocking only works for GSM phones, say if you needed to put in an AT&T simcard to avoid the roaming charges.

Unfortunately, you're stuck.

However, it is an option for you to purchase a phone while you're in the states, and return it before you leave. Most places will allow you to return the product within 30 days.
    So if ur saying this, then what technology do you think Telus and even Verizon in the US uses....its CDMA...
    Bell is CDMA in canada as well. In Manitoba, Telus piggy backs off MTS towers.
    And also, the Storm is NOT available here in Canada thru Rogers (which is the GSM network in Canada). So then the AT&T in the US, or whichever it is, that has the iphone.....they DO NOT have the BB Storm....and it's for that reason......Full GSM networks in the US do not have the Storm.
    The CDMA netwroks have the access to this. It was for this that the BB Bold was released to GSM cell network carriers.
    08-11-09 12:00 PM
    You are wrong! I unlock 1000's of storm phones yes they are CDMA Verizon, Bell, Telus. When I unlock the Storm phone you can use on ANY GSM carrier. Like Rogers, Fido, or any other worldwide. You put in the carriers sim and change network settings thats it, you are gsm phone.
    08-11-09 12:06 PM
    Most of my Bell and Telus unlock customers are people that want to use the Storm on the Rogers network. Rogers makes it easier then ATT or Tmobile because the service books are on the sim card and don't have to be downloaded separately.
    08-11-09 12:09 PM
    So if ur saying this, then what technology do you think Telus and even Verizon in the US uses....its CDMA...
    And also, the Storm is NOT available here in Canada thru Rogers (which is the GSM network in Canada). So then the AT&T in the US, or whichever it is, that has the iphone.....they DO NOT have the BB Storm....and it's for that reason......Full GSM networks in the US do not have the Storm.
    The CDMA netwroks have the access to this. It was for this that the BB Bold was released to GSM cell network carriers.
    Bell/Telus/Verizon are CDMA networks, but the Blackberry Tour & Storm are World Phones CDMA/GSM so have the capability to work on both networks.

You can use an Unlocked Bell Storm or Tour with Rogers. The main reason why RIM made World phones for these CDMA carriers was for them to be able to ROAM on a GSM network (with a SIM card inside) outside USA/Canada.

If you get a Verizon Storm for example, you will notice that it comes with a Verizon Sim Card as well. The SIM card basically is a Vodafone SIM card (carrier which Verizon has an agreement with) That SIM card will not work in the USA. But if a Verizon customer travels to France example without this SIM card, he will not be able to use his Verizon Account abroad. The only way will be for him to activate and use the Verizon "Vodafone" SIM that was given to him with his phone.

Now don't forget, this Verizon Customer doesn't want to roam with his Verizon account because he will be getting a huge bill when he gets back unless, it's paid by his company . So what users do is unlock their phones, and when travelling abroad, buy a local prepaid SIM card and use the GSM Portion of the phone.
    08-11-09 12:16 PM
    thanks for the code ngreen! i made arrangements with him last night and got the code this afternoon. everything works great on my overseas sim which is currently on roaming under rogers. now i can switch between that and bell. no need to carry around 2 phones any more. i was impressed by the quick response from ngreen. it was awesome.
    08-13-09 04:59 PM
    nope... not true. just got my bb storm unlocked today. see above post.
    08-13-09 05:04 PM
175 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD