07-05-10 01:34 PM
187 ... 45678
tools
    Hey..

Thanks for the feedback, we don't get the MSL code, we can always order it but it's a different process . Bur MSL will only be needed for Storm/Tour, not the 9700 Bold 2.
    Ok, not a huge deal just wondering. And yes I reiterate that you guys are awesome. I am a repeat customer and tell everyone I know who wants to unlock their phone to head to you guys. The discount code for crackberry users is the clincher for me
    11-12-09 07:40 PM
    what is the mls????
    11-12-09 08:38 PM
    Master Subsidy Lock
    11-12-09 08:44 PM
    Here is a REALLLLLLLY detailed explanation...

Master Subsidy explained
    11-12-09 08:52 PM
    thx good input
    11-12-09 09:16 PM
    Are you still having the same problem?
    Hello,

Yes I am still ahving the same problem. Its weird. Becasue My friend unlocked his bell 9700 and it says fido. I am able to set my phone to 3g & 2g or 3g only or 2g only. I tried switching it but it did not change to the carrier name.
    Thought I was the only one but others are having the same problem I guess.

Thanks
    11-12-09 09:36 PM
    So you can switch from using only edge and only 3g mode?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes I can switch from using only 3g or edge.
    11-12-09 09:38 PM
    so if i unlock my telus 9700 i will get another carrier name ?
    11-12-09 10:17 PM
    It should say whatever carrier you are with. I am with fido but it says a network code instead of fido. ( not sure what you would call it )
    11-13-09 01:05 PM
    it does not affect the functions of the phone. everything works perfectly. It would be nice when travelling to see what carrier you are roaming on rather that a code. So if It is possible to fix it it would be nice.
    11-13-09 01:07 PM
    Hello Cellunlock.net, any luck in finding the problem that I & thumper1 are facing...did you contact Rim by any chance ?
    11-13-09 01:21 PM
    No response yet from RIM
    11-13-09 04:05 PM
    Let us know if you need any help unlocking your 9700!
    11-14-09 10:50 AM
    Bell Blackberry Bold 9700 Unlock codes are instant now, no need to wait a couple of hours
    11-17-09 01:12 PM
    hello cellunlocknet, still waiting on the carrier name issue, still giving me 302-720 instead of rogers/fido..

could you please investigate, any help would be appreciated
    11-17-09 01:43 PM
    hello cellunlocknet, still waiting on the carrier name issue, still giving me 302-720 instead of rogers/fido..

could you please investigate, any help would be appreciated
    RIM hasn't replied to the ticket that was open regarding this issue. Don't worry we keep checking it everyday
    11-17-09 01:44 PM
    hey guys, im a newbie at this and i would like to have some help..
    rogers is jsut getting annoying with there back-order and i can get the 3 year price from telus so i think i will just go to telus and pick one up and get it unlocked however i have a few questions..
    1- will i have any issues with 3g or edge or will it be 100% the same as if i had bought it from rogers?
    2- will i have visual voicemail on it?
    3- i have the bb plan now for the 8900 ( internet bbm email etc.. ) s will i have to call rogers and tell them that i have bought an unlocked 9700 and would like them to add the 3g internet and VVM or should it just work fine
    i read some post but i wanna be 1000% sure.. thank you very much
    11-18-09 12:28 AM
    hey guys, im a newbie at this and i would like to have some help..
    rogers is jsut getting annoying with there back-order and i can get the 3 year price from telus so i think i will just go to telus and pick one up and get it unlocked however i have a few questions..
    1- will i have any issues with 3g or edge or will it be 100% the same as if i had bought it from rogers?
    2- will i have visual voicemail on it?
    3- i have the bb plan now for the 8900 ( internet bbm email etc.. ) s will i have to call rogers and tell them that i have bought an unlocked 9700 and would like them to add the 3g internet and VVM or should it just work fine
    i read some post but i wanna be 1000% sure.. thank you very much
    Yes we've heard that Rogers is still back-order for the 9700. You can get the Telus one and unlock it and use it on Rogers. Here are the answers to your questions:
    1. 3G and Edge will work the same way as if you would of bought the phone from Rogers.
    2.You should get Visual Voicemail because once you insert your SIM card , Rogers should push the Service Books automatically to your phone, but that's not guaranteed.
    3.You don't need to call Rogers, you just need to unlock the phone and insert your Rogers SIM card and that's it.

If you have a BIS account with Rogers then what you'll do it go to the site, login and then click on change device and enter the new information, just so that you can send manuall the service books to your phone in case you are missing some features on the phone.
    11-18-09 09:38 AM
    I downloaded the "blackberry app world"on 9700 (bought it from bell and unlock it) I am with fido. I have no data plan.

I downloaded the "blackberry app world" over wifi. Now i am trying to access it so i can download various apps; i get the following

"Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details"

So i tried to switch off the mobile network & put wifi ON, i get the following
    "You do not have sufficient wireless coverage or your connectiopn to the wireless network is turned off"

WHat shall i do now, any advice! shall i contact fido, if so what shall i say to them !??
    11-18-09 10:20 AM
    You need a bb data plan hate to tell you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 10:25 AM
    I downloaded the "blackberry app world"on 9700 (bought it from bell and unlock it) I am with fido. I have no data plan.

I downloaded the "blackberry app world" over wifi. Now i am trying to access it so i can download various apps; i get the following

"Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details"

So i tried to switch off the mobile network & put wifi ON, i get the following
    "You do not have sufficient wireless coverage or your connectiopn to the wireless network is turned off"

WHat shall i do now, any advice! shall i contact fido, if so what shall i say to them !??
    Unfortunately to download apps from App World, you will need a data plan on your Blackberry.
    11-18-09 10:34 AM
    Just wanted to say thanks for the info and I just placed an order with the 50% off code. Picked up a Bell 9700 because Rogers is out of stock.
    Waiting to hear back from you guys.

Cheers.
    11-18-09 07:31 PM
    Did anyone find a fix for the carrier name yet?

thanks
    11-23-09 01:30 PM
    Did anyone find a fix for the carrier name yet?

thanks
    Not yet, according to RIM it will be resolved in the next OS update. Did you try OS 5.0.0.351?
    11-23-09 01:41 PM
    did somebody try the OS 5.0.0.351 regarding the carrier name!!! is it fix in this operating system !!
    11-29-09 12:30 PM
187 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD