I have a BB9700 from Vodafone Australia. It is locked to Vodafone because I am on a contract. Sometime I use other sim cards but as I only have one BB9700. Since it is locked to Vodafone Australia, I cannot use other simcards. Vodafone Australia wanted to charge me $50 to unlock it for me. I checked on internet already. I can get it unlock for about $15 over the net.

I am concern if I unlocked my BB9700 over the net. Will Vodafone find out that if I unlocked my BB9700 over the net? Can Vodafone Australia remotely lock my phone again after I unlocked my BB9700 with MEP code from internet?

Thx
    10-18-10 02:19 AM
    You should get it unlocked at a LOCAL kiosk and no, vodaphone cannot re-lock it. dont tell them you unlocked it and you should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 04:53 AM
    "Select an email setup option.

- I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server"

I unlocked my BB9700 with some MEP unlock code from internet. I can use other sim card with my BB9700 now instead of Vodafone. I was trying to setup my gmail and hotmail account with my BB9700. When I go to email setup, the only thing I can select is the message above. Does it mean that I did not completely unlock my BB9700 or Vodafone has other lock or restriction so that I cannnot use my BB9700 with other network for email????

Thx
    10-26-10 01:09 AM
    "Select an email setup option.

- I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server"

I unlocked my BB9700 with some MEP unlock code from internet. I can use other sim card with my BB9700 now instead of Vodafone. I was trying to setup my gmail and hotmail account with my BB9700. When I go to email setup, the only thing I can select is the message above. Does it mean that I did not completely unlock my BB9700 or Vodafone has other lock or restriction so that I cannnot use my BB9700 with other network for email????

Thx
    Does the other SIM card have a BB data plan?
    10-26-10 02:57 AM
    Does the other SIM card have a BB data plan?
    Is BB plan different than Data Plan from any network? it does not have any BB plan but it has Data Plan. I can use it to go on to any website.
    10-26-10 03:20 AM
    Yes, BB data plan allows and registers the Phone to the BlackBerry data network (BIS/BES) needed for mail on BB

10-26-10 04:06 AM
    Yes, BB data plan allows and registers the Phone to the BlackBerry data network (BIS/BES) needed for mail on BB

I can use different sim card in my BB9700 already. All I need is to tell my network provider to give me BIS/BES instead of normal data usage plan in order to use BB Push Mail, right??

Thx
    again
    10-26-10 06:02 AM
    I can use different sim card in my BB9700 already. All I need is to tell my network provider to give me BIS/BES instead of normal data usage plan in order to use BB Push Mail, right??

Thx
    again
    You need to get Vodafone / your carrier to provision a BlackBerry Internet Service add-on to the line of service, A BIS plan and a BES plan are two completely different things, and should not be confused with each other, as they're non-interchangeable, a BIS plan can sometimes be a bit more expensive than a standard data plan, as carriers usually will charge a slight premium for the BlackBerry functionality.
    10-26-10 09:31 AM
    You need to get Vodafone / your carrier to provision a BlackBerry Internet Service add-on to the line of service, A BIS plan and a BES plan are two completely different things, and should not be confused with each other, as they're non-interchangeable, a BIS plan can sometimes be a bit more expensive than a standard data plan, as carriers usually will charge a slight premium for the BlackBerry functionality.
    If I understand you correctly, there is no way I can use BB9700 email unless I have BIS/BES services enable by my network provider even tho I have normal Data Plan enabled in my account already, right?

Thx Again
    10-26-10 10:59 AM
    If I understand you correctly, there is no way I can use BB9700 email unless I have BIS/BES services enable by my network provider even tho I have normal Data Plan enabled in my account already, right?

Thx Again
    exactly.

the BIS/BES blackberry specific data plans connect your BB to RIM's server. This is what allows you to have the BB push email, BBM, instant messaging, pushed facebook & twitter, etc.

currently i work in china where BIS/BES is not available. i have a data plan (i can browse the web) but no BB services. if i want to check my gmail, i open the browser and navigate to the website. also no BBM, no FB push, etc.

is that clear enough?
    10-28-10 12:30 AM
    Don't worry Vodafone will have no idea what's going on.
    10-28-10 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD