Morning all,

I am in the process of selling my BB 8900 Curve, but the buyer needs it unlocked from Orange so that it would work on Vodafone. Another spanner in the works is that the guy is in Cyprus!

I have rung Orange and they have said that it will cost me 20 to do from them, so basically being a tight-wad I'm looking for a (hopefully) cheaper way of doing it.

I've looked around and seen there are plenty of remote unlocking services that offer subsidy codes but to be honest I'm a bit nervy about it - what are the chances that doing this can brick the device.

Also, what would happen to BIS access? Would it still work on my device until the time comes to sell? Will they be able to use the BIS on the new network if I did this?

What about registering the device on their network? Obviously the Blackberry has been registered to Orange on the IMEI.

So many questions, can anyone put my mind at ease?

Cheers!
    05-21-10 03:41 AM
    Top of the morning to ya!

With BlackBerries, the chance of "bricking" the phone is impossible from unlocking it. BIS will not be affected. Your service will not be effected by unlocking the phone. When you sell the phone off to the person in Cyprus, they will have to ensure that their service books are redirected.

Registering the device on the network will not matter considering both Orange and Vodafone are GSM network carriers. The only types of carriers that require 'activation' are CDMA networks. They will activate the phones by an ESN number, but in this case, you are free!

Feel free to use the Coupon Code in our signature on our website if you'd like us to unlock this BlackBerry for you. Or if you have any other questions, please feel free to send us an e-mail or PM us! Best of luck!
    05-21-10 05:09 AM
    Thanks for all the info - good to hear that it'll all be OK.

Now I just need to find a competitive price for unlocking...
    05-21-10 07:42 AM

We can help you unlock your Blackberry and will offer you a competitive price
    05-21-10 10:59 AM
    Lots of options to unlock your phone, original provider, or one of the unklocking services on here. Take a look, they are all pretty good.
    05-21-10 04:40 PM

It was a pleasure unlocking your Blackberry. Let us know if you need help setting it up.
    05-21-10 04:41 PM
    Morning all,

I am in the process of selling my BB 8900 Curve, but the buyer needs it unlocked from Orange so that it would work on Vodafone. Another spanner in the works is that the guy is in Cyprus!

I have rung Orange and they have said that it will cost me 20 to do from them, so basically being a tight-wad I'm looking for a (hopefully) cheaper way of doing it.

I've looked around and seen there are plenty of remote unlocking services that offer subsidy codes but to be honest I'm a bit nervy about it - what are the chances that doing this can brick the device.

Also, what would happen to BIS access? Would it still work on my device until the time comes to sell? Will they be able to use the BIS on the new network if I did this?

What about registering the device on their network? Obviously the Blackberry has been registered to Orange on the IMEI.

So many questions, can anyone put my mind at ease?

Cheers!
    Unlocking doesn't harm any of the functions of your device. It will not brick your device as long as you get the correct code and do not enter it more than 10x's. All services will work as long as they add the necessary BIS/BES plan. Your carrier and yourself are responsible for releasing the PIN prior to selling the device.
    05-23-10 03:18 PM
    It was a pleasure unlocking your Blackberry. Let us know if you need help setting it up.
    Glad you got taken care of. Remember to come back to the unlocking section of Crackberry if you need any more codes!
    05-24-10 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD