Hi all,

I just went to Pacific mall(Toronto) to get an "unlock service" but I didnt let them do because I would wait a bit as I just got a phone(for just in case smth like: a defect). So I did bought the code by giving them the EMEI number. So far I havnt tried them yet. But from what I have read some posts, the number should be only one set instead of 2 sets!??!!? What they gave me as below:

They gave me 2 sets of numbers
    1) Network: xxx xxx xx (8 digits)
    2) SP: xxx xxx xx (8 digits)

So Are these likely the right number? Or they are totoally wrong?!?
    From one vdo how to unlock the torch, they said we have to type MEP2 then just fill for one set of number. So Can my case do the same or have to go around(in order to fill those 2 sets? Pls advise!!!

Many thanksss in advance!!
    12-23-10 01:54 AM
    Those are correct in order to unlock the Torch you need two especially for Bell and Telus.
    Go to the SIM card menu and type MEPD.
    Then type MEP2 and enter your network code. Should confirm successful.
    Then in SIM menu again type MEP4 and type in the service provider code. Should be another confirmation.

Do a battery pull and your all good to go.
    Some phones have both.
    12-23-10 01:58 AM
    Those are correct in order to unlock the Torch you need two especially for Bell and Telus.
    Go to the SIM card menu and type MEPD.
    Then type MEP2 and enter your network code. Should confirm successful.
    Then in SIM menu again type MEP4 and type in the service provider code. Should be another confirmation.

Do a battery pull and your all good to go.
    Some phones have both.
    WOW! WOW! WOW!

Super many many thanks!! AND YES!! mine is from Bell!! you are absolutely correct!!(Such a Pro!!). I wll try. **for the battery pull**, So you mean once I m done both codes, it's better to like..reboot the phone?!?! tks again!!!
    12-23-10 02:03 AM
    No worries yeah after both codes are succesfully enetered, I usually do the battery pulls as I find the unlock doesn;t work until I've done a battery pull. Thats just my experience.

Happy Holidays
    12-23-10 02:05 AM
    No worries yeah after both codes are succesfully enetered, I usually do the battery pulls as I find the unlock doesn;t work until I've done a battery pull. Thats just my experience.

Happy Holidays

Many thanks to you again "aznlgcy" !! I will try that...And HAPPY HOLIDAY too!! and to all other here as well!!!

Many thanksssssss!!!
    12-23-10 02:09 AM
    Yeah a battery pull is a must if you get "code error, please wait.." .. Sometimes the phone does not have enough memory.
    12-23-10 03:36 PM
    We always recommend a battery pull after the phone unlocks...error or not. it never hurts

enjoy your new 9800!!
    12-24-10 03:08 PM
    but.. why he got 2 codes?
    I unlocked mine (Torch with Bell), and I only got a MEP2

The service provider was already "disabled"
    12-24-10 03:17 PM
    Some models are locked with network and some are locked with service provider.
    12-24-10 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD