07-07-11 06:55 PM
74 123
tools
    Well my friend sold me his storm. i thought easy. ill just unlock it.

I've unlocked phones before. ive gotten the code online.

and i unlocked my dads samsung sync by calling ATT when he bought the phone off ebay.

But now i need a verizon contract? he said he switched the storm to a razr so he could sell it to me.

and verizon will not unlock it for me.

any suggestions? im broke too if that helps lol

Is there a way i could do it via usb?

and yes im not a newbie. i can almost do anything. as long as there are instructions
    05-05-09 05:54 PM
    Wow a razr? Really? How much did u buy it for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 05:59 PM
    i bought the storm for 150. haha it was in perfect condition. he said he wants to wait for the new iphone and he needed the money now
    05-05-09 06:00 PM
    I've heard VZW will unlock it after 6 months of service with the phone....
    Unless you have a friend there? Dunno, just what I've heard.
    05-05-09 06:15 PM
    he said theres nothing he can do. he got it in like december
    05-05-09 06:15 PM
    PM ME I'll do it for free.
    NO I WILL NOT DO ANYONE ELSE FOR FREE!
    Last edited by Carnag3; 05-05-09 at 06:22 PM.
    05-05-09 06:18 PM
    i need 6 more posts.
    05-05-09 06:25 PM
    Oh come on, dont be so stingy with the freeness!
    05-05-09 06:29 PM
    haha. im just wondering is it safe to give out a IMEI number?

and i sent you a PM
    05-05-09 06:36 PM
    Oh come on, dont be so stingy with the freeness!
    Discount maybe

haha. im just wondering is it safe to give out a IMEI number?

and i sent you a PM
    Enjoy your unlock
    Last edited by Carnag3; 05-05-09 at 07:00 PM.
    05-05-09 06:56 PM
    I thought I heard that you could call verizon and tell them that you were going to be traveling out of the country and they would give you the unlock code. Not sure though. I want to test it.
    05-05-09 07:28 PM

Its members like you that make this a great site
    05-05-09 08:34 PM
    I thought I heard that you could call verizon and tell them that you were going to be traveling out of the country and they would give you the unlock code. Not sure though. I want to test it.
    Too bad OP is not a Verizon customer. I tried to do mine but the rep I talked to at Global Support seemed to be having some problems with his computer. He was going to do it but I couldn't hold. I had step into a meeting so I just told him I'll call back. I told him I'll be going to Mexico and want to use one of the prepaid sim cards and he agreed that it'll be much cheaper than using the International Roaming.
    05-05-09 08:52 PM
    You have to have Verizon service for 60 days not 6 months and your Verizon account must be current, they will unlock it for free.
    05-05-09 10:16 PM
    What is the advantage of having your vzw storm unlocked?

Last edited by Evan2000; 05-06-09 at 09:36 AM.
    05-06-09 09:07 AM
    What is the advantage of having your vzw storm unlocked?

You can use other carriers services such as AT&T etc by utilizing the un-utilized sim card.
    05-06-09 11:42 AM
    Maybe you should have sent this via private message? I hope you get bombarded with free unlock requests now!!! I kid.....I kid.....
    05-06-09 12:05 PM
    You have to have Verizon service for 60 days not 6 months and your Verizon account must be current, they will unlock it for free.
    Just called and they told me 6 months and im a month shy
    05-06-09 03:56 PM
    The easiest way to get the Carriers to give you the unlock code, is to tell them you're traveling internationally and you need it unlocked to use pre-paid SIM chips.. I think there might be a legal requirement of them to give it.. They can't force you to use their service internationally, so tell them you want to use pre-paid SIM's.. I've gotten hundreds of unlock codes doing this and it's worked 100% of the time.

I got Verizon to give me the unlock code yesterday for a Storm.. followed the steps to make the browser work on ATT, and Viola.. an ATT Storm. =P

Although I dont use it, I did it for a IT co-worker.
    05-06-09 04:16 PM
    i was wondering if anyone could help me, my blackberry is through vzn....and i boutght it from a friend and they say i need his permission but he moved away...so i have new blackberry 9530 and i am on tmobile...can anyone unlock for me........in dire need of unlcking
    06-13-09 04:01 PM
    i was wondering if anyone could help me, my blackberry is through vzn....and i boutght it from a friend and they say i need his permission but he moved away...so i have new blackberry 9530 and i am on tmobile...can anyone unlock for me........in dire need of unlcking
    so is there anyway to get in contact with the person that sold it to you?
    06-13-09 06:42 PM
    i have a unlocked 9530 but it says GSM not EDGE.. i cant make calls txt nothhing!! HELPPPP!!
    12-19-09 02:53 AM
    Do you have the network settings set to 2G? If you don't you need to do that then reboot your device.
    12-19-09 11:46 AM
    Just called and they told me 6 months and im a month shy
    Hi. You unfortunately got a rep who gave you inaccurate information. IMO VZW telephone cservice is the best in the industry, but you still sometimes will have bad calls.

That said, make sure you're contacting Global Services directly. Their number is (800) 711-8300. Once they verify your info and acct, confirm that you've been a customer in good standing for at least 60 days prior, aren't delinquent currently, and haven't received an unlock code within the past 10 months, they'll get you your code within minutes. If you're not familiar with the unlock process let the rep you speak with know that, and ask if he or she would mind emailing you the step-by-step instructions. They have ready access to that script and will be able to kick it out to you right away.

As far as unlocking is concerned, I'm of the opinion that it's always best to be honest; lying is a great way to erode my ethical and moral soul, plus it's a pain in the a$$ to keep track of the lies! Point being that when the GS rep asks you why you want to unlock your phone you might tell him or her something like "I'm going to be travelling." Short and sweet, and not disingenuous. Plus I can only tell them I'm "going to Mexico next week" so many times. At some point I would guess they'd look at account notes and see that I've unlocked 5 BBs in the past year to travel to Mexico Easier to keep it simple, and within the realm of possibility IMO.

Cheers.
    12-19-09 11:58 AM
    I just got a Storm from someone who upgraded to a Droid. I tried calling Verizon but they would NOT give me the unlock code as they said that the Storm needed to be on an ACTIVE account for at least 90 days before they can unlock it.

Please help!!!
    12-28-09 10:45 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD