if i unlock an att 8820, will a user from another carrier say tmobile be able to use the phone and utilize the internet capabilities? internet capabilities excluding wifi. if anyone out there is using a unlocked blackberry 8820 for another carrier are you able to use the internet? i'm trying to sell my 8820, but need to unlock it to sell it to someone on tmobile. he wants to know if the unlocked phone will be compatible with his internet plan. i don't know if it's a blackberry plan or just plain internet. if anyone has information on this, please let me know. thanks.
    07-10-09 02:28 AM
    That's the whole point of unlocking a phone - to allow its use on any GSM carrier. I used an unlocked AT&T 8820 on the Rogers network here in Canada without any trouble.

Doug
    07-10-09 09:57 AM
    Any unlocked GSM phone will work on any GSM carrier, that is the point of unlocking the phone.
    07-10-09 04:30 PM
    If he wants to make sure that internet and all the functions work, it's better that he switches to a BlackBerry data plan rather than a regular data plan.
    07-10-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD