i call at&t i think they gave me my code to unlock my phone,, so i did try to unlock my phone,, my question is if i did it right do my sim card show disable,
    please answer soon
    02-13-09 03:33 PM
    Mayor,

The answer is yes, it should show as disabled. In fact, on my 8310,
    after going to options>advanced options>sim card, and typing MEPD, all categories show disabled.

One sure way to find out if your device is unlocked is to borrow a TMo sim card and put it in your 8310, it would work if the phone is unlocked. This is how I confirmed my device was unlocked.

If by chance it's not unlocked and you still have the code, you have a default 10 tries to unlock it.

Good luck.
    02-13-09 05:58 PM
    thank you very much
    02-14-09 12:12 AM
    if it shows as disabled, are u still able to use it (on AT&T)?
    03-09-09 09:57 AM
    Once unlocked, you can use any SIM card from any GSM carrier.
    03-09-09 01:12 PM
    I have a question. To unlock my Curve so that I can sell it, I would have to call AT&T to get an unlock code? Who would I speak to about it? Thanks for any help on this
    03-09-09 02:11 PM
    I have a question. To unlock my Curve so that I can sell it, I would have to call AT&T to get an unlock code? Who would I speak to about it? Thanks for any help on this
    Slick,

What I did was call customer service and told them I was going on a trip overseas and needed my 8310 unlocked. The lady CSR gave me the unlock code (AKA MEP code) right there and then.

First, go to options>status and write down the IMEI number of your device. They will ask for this.

When you get your code and you don't know how to do the unlocking,
    just do a search here for "how to unlock curve" and you'll get the instructions.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Berry New; 03-09-09 at 03:58 PM.
    03-09-09 03:53 PM
    Slick,

What I did was call customer service and told them I was going on a trip overseas and needed my 8310 unlocked. The lady CSR gave me the unlock code (AKA MEP code) right there and then.

First, go to options>status and write down the IMEI number of your device. They will ask for this.

When you get your code and you don't know how to do the unlocking,
    just do a search here for "how to unlock curve" and you'll get the instructions.

Good luck.

Thanks on the info. I'm going to call them ASAP.
    03-09-09 06:17 PM
    Mayor,

The answer is yes, it should show as disabled. In fact, on my 8310,
    after going to options>advanced options>sim card, and typing MEPD, all categories show disabled.

One sure way to find out if your device is unlocked is to borrow a TMo sim card and put it in your 8310, it would work if the phone is unlocked. This is how I confirmed my device was unlocked.

If by chance it's not unlocked and you still have the code, you have a default 10 tries to unlock it.

Good luck.
    heres an fed up question for you.... i am a newbie, i have been reading about what an unlock is and so on... i used this to check mine and everything is disabled???? i have never entered an "unlock" code. whats going on with my phone???
    05-02-09 10:05 AM
    This maybe a stupid question but did you buy your phone from a major carrier or from somewhere that might have sold you an already unlocked phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 10:46 AM
    i bought it from at&t, it had 4.2 on it and i upgrade it several times to 4.5.... till the latest version 4.5.124 or whatever it is. i dunno it weird.
    05-02-09 11:10 AM
    You can tell if its unlocked too. If you go to options, advanced, sim, and type in mepd. If everything is disabled its unlocked. Unless you have a storm...lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD