I have a storm 9530 and a unlock code for it. I am following the instructions that were given to enter the unlock code. I am entering MEPD - that works - the screen that pops up after that says :

personalization:
    SIM unknown
    Network unknown
    Network Subset unknown
    Service Provider unknown
    Corporate unknown

I tried entering MEP2 and I do not get the code screen that should come up. The phone is set up originally to verizon (its never had any attempts to be unlocked) . Not sure if it matters too but all of the connections are off radio/phone wise.

Please help. This is my first bb and I need help. I am trying to get this running on tmobile.

Thank you!
    11-09-10 08:19 AM
    You need a sim card inside to unlock it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 09:40 AM
    Does it matter what carriers sim card is in it? I want to use the phone with tmobile. I tried putting it in and it said the same unknown and no code screen.
    11-09-10 09:49 AM
    Nope, might need a software update then

11-09-10 09:50 AM
    how or where can i get a software update? sorry to be a bother really new to this . : D
    11-09-10 09:55 AM
    All that is on blackberry.com search crackberry and there are directions on how to do it.

11-09-10 09:57 AM
    how or where can i get a software update? sorry to be a bother really new to this . : D
    You can also try to use a new sim card from T-Mobile. It might fix the issue
    11-09-10 01:01 PM
    You should also try emailing the unlocking company that you bought your code from...most of us troubleshoot these issues with our customers on the rare occasion problems arise
    11-09-10 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD