Anyone on Rogers with an unlocked Storm2, have you been able to get UMA working? Is it possible, since it's really a 2G device on Rogers?
    03-08-10 08:41 AM
    Very unlikely, it's something they have to enable from their side. The Bold 9700 can run in 2g only mode, but UMA still doesn't magically start working.
    03-08-10 12:46 PM
    Very unlikely, it's something they have to enable from their side. The Bold 9700 can run in 2g only mode, but UMA still doesn't magically start working.
    i know it's not likely, but i was hoping someone was able to do it.
    03-08-10 01:39 PM
    i know it's not likely, but i was hoping someone was able to do it.
    People attempted with the 9700, and were very adamant about getting it to work. They determined that it wouldn't be possible without changes on Roger's side.

So I'm afraid you shouldn't get your hopes up...you'll see it on the 9700 first, if ever.
    03-08-10 05:16 PM
    People attempted with the 9700, and were very adamant about getting it to work. They determined that it wouldn't be possible without changes on Roger's side.

So I'm afraid you shouldn't get your hopes up...you'll see it on the 9700 first, if ever.
    but thats a rogers 3G device, the 9550 isn't, it'll only work on 2g, like the 8120, which supports uma
    03-08-10 05:28 PM
    Why do you insist on arguing. It won't work, nobody has gotten it to work because Rogers hasn't enabled UMA on that device.

It works on the 8900, 8120, etc because rogers allows it on those devices. I'm not sure how I can make this more clear...
    03-10-10 12:39 AM
    UMA requires specific additions to the OS and underlying code. In fact the OS is just another application running on the phone, it's not special. So unless Rogers decides to enable UMA on any given device you will never see it.
    03-10-10 02:28 AM
    Why do you insist on arguing. It won't work, nobody has gotten it to work because Rogers hasn't enabled UMA on that device.

It works on the 8900, 8120, etc because rogers allows it on those devices. I'm not sure how I can make this more clear...
    I didn't know pointing things out was arguing.

it seems on hofo, someone has found the work around people need to get uma on the 9700, others are now getting it to work with those instructions.
    03-10-10 08:58 PM
    I didn't know pointing things out was arguing.

it seems on hofo, someone has found the work around people need to get uma on the 9700, others are now getting it to work with those instructions.
    Maybe arguing was the wrong word, I will instead say that you're picking at straws. You're looking for any slight possibility that maybe everyone is wrong and the phone will in fact support UMA. It's ok to dream, but sometimes you just have to give in

I'm working with the people at HoFo and also have UMA working on my 9700 right now. That is promising for the 9700, but it still doesn't negate the fact that the Storm 2 does not support UMA. If you repeated these steps on a Storm, you would find the UMA menu option completely missing.

What I mean to say is, the Storm 2 does not even have a UMA feature in the phone. There has to be some hardware or software that enables the UMA communication, and the Storm 2 does not incorporate this.

I've searched everywhere I could to try and find some positive news for you, but all specs state that the Storm 2 doesn't have UMA support at all.
    03-10-10 09:58 PM
    Maybe arguing was the wrong word, I will instead say that you're picking at straws. You're looking for any slight possibility that maybe everyone is wrong and the phone will in fact support UMA. It's ok to dream, but sometimes you just have to give in

I'm working with the people at HoFo and also have UMA working on my 9700 right now. That is promising for the 9700, but it still doesn't negate the fact that the Storm 2 does not support UMA. If you repeated these steps on a Storm, you would find the UMA menu option completely missing.

What I mean to say is, the Storm 2 does not even have a UMA feature in the phone. There has to be some hardware or software that enables the UMA communication, and the Storm 2 does not incorporate this.

I've searched everywhere I could to try and find some positive news for you, but all specs state that the Storm 2 doesn't have UMA support at all.
    Doh, thats not what i wanted to hear, but unfortunately it is what i expected... thx!
    03-10-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD