I'm trying to unlock a AT&T BlackBerry 9900 for use on the T-Mobile network. I have been through a gauntlet of scammers and/or inadequate unlockers. I've paid two different people for unlock codes and gotten bogus codes in return. One guy said that the code he gave me was correct, but that I needed to give him another $39.99 to unlock the phone.

Does anyone know of any reliable unlock methods? I'm running out of options here and I'm down to five tries on this BlackBerry.
    02-17-15 10:44 PM
    Have you tried contacting AT&T? If the phone is in good standing (i.e. paid off, not stolen/blacklisted, or the contract it was bought on is over,) then they will unlock it for free if you're still their customer, or at a "reasonable" cost if you're not.

You can probably bypass the non-customer fee by having a customer associate this phone with their account. Usually, just putting their SIM card in does the job.
    02-18-15 12:10 AM
    I purchased this phone on eBay thinking unlocking it for TMO would be easy/affordable. I've never had an account with AT&T at any point in time.
    02-18-15 12:25 AM
    Try asking AT&T. Theoretically, they are the best source for the code. They should tell you the price, and if you don't like it, don't get the code from them. Who knows...given that this is an older phone now, they may even unlock it for free.
    02-18-15 08:43 AM
    Hey PurpleSwordfish,

raino is correct, ask AT&T. As it is an older model they may unlock it for free.

If not, then email me I may be able to help, your 9900 is probably locked with the newer security so the codes provided didn't work.

pm and I can try to help you out

cheers!
    I'm trying to unlock a AT&T BlackBerry 9900 for use on the T-Mobile network. I have been through a gauntlet of scammers and/or inadequate unlockers. I've paid two different people for unlock codes and gotten bogus codes in return. One guy said that the code he gave me was correct, but that I needed to give him another $39.99 to unlock the phone.

Does anyone know of any reliable unlock methods? I'm running out of options here and I'm down to five tries on this BlackBerry.
    02-18-15 11:08 PM

I think the website is freemyblackberry.com. All legacy BlackBerry are free

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:09 PM
    My friend and me use this site:UNLOCK YOUR BLACKBERRY-IPHONE-SAMSUNG-HTC-LG-SONY-NOKIA-MOTOROLA (24/7) ALL MODELS /ALL CARRIER
    They give me best price for unlock . Some time they give free code for 9000. Good luck
    The site I gave you is free Always for legacy phones

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:11 AM
    The site I gave you is free Always for legacy phones
    That member is quite serious about recommending this one particular site. But claims no financial motive.
    02-28-15 12:35 PM
    That member is quite serious about recommending this one particular site. But claims no financial motive.
    Oh well, I gave my 2 cents. At least I can confirm my website is legit for those that want it.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:09 PM
    Trolls...

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    03-05-15 09:37 AM
    Trolls...

Posted via CB10
    I know this is really late, but I felt like I had to say something. I just now went to this website to unlock a BlackBerry 9900 and got a code that didn't work. The worst part? I paid $2.34 (USD) to get an instant code that didn't work. I don't blame ezapper2, I just can't recommend that site.
    08-27-15 08:43 PM
    Hey PurpleSwordfish ,

I sent you the Unlock Code
    Hope you go it!

Cheers
    08-30-15 05:40 AM