I have the MEP2 code

When I enter MEPD I see the following:

SIM: Disabled
    Network: Disabled
    Service Provider: Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled
    Phone Number: Unknown Number

When I type in MEP2 no window pops up to enter my code. I have turned off all networks and even have the bluetooth disabled.

The phone I have is on the Rogers network and I am trying to unlock to use for Bell. I have a Bell SIM card that has not been activated yet.

Can someone please help?

Thanks
    11-04-11 05:55 PM
    Hey,

Sorry to say, but the Blackberry 8520 from Rogers is not compatible with Bell

When unlocked it will work with ANY GSM network rogers, fido, chatr, at&t, T-Mobile, simple mobile, etc Bell is HSPA and your phone doesn't support HSPA

Also according to the info you showed, your phone is already unlocked.
    11-04-11 08:10 PM
    Thank you both for your responses. I think the first poster might be right. However I have not tried it with a ROGERS SIM card in it, maybe it will work if I do that. I don't really think it will make a difference though. When I contacted the company that I received the unlock code they told me the phone is already unlocked but it still shows as being conected to Rogers.
    11-06-11 10:46 AM
    This will only work with Rogers or Fido.
    11-06-11 07:14 PM
    The Blackberry curve 9520 can be unlocked to be used with SIM cards of any carrier but bell was a CDMA carrier and it can't be used with a SIM card technology that used on bell sim cards... you can use Fido and rogers like other users already posted...
    11-07-11 04:33 PM
    I have the MEP2 code

When I type in MEP2 no window pops up to enter my code. I have turned off all networks and even have the bluetooth disabled.

The phone I have is on the Rogers network and I am trying to unlock to use for Bell. I have a Bell SIM card that has not been activated yet.

Can someone please help?

Thanks
    Because the device is unlocked already.
    11-08-11 10:14 PM
    I have the MEP2 code

Can someone please help?

Thanks
    Your Blackberry is unlocked already. Bell/Telus/Wind and Virgin only have 3G HSPA Networks and the 8520 is not a 3G compatible phone.
    11-10-11 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD