Hello, I am having issues with my Blackberry Storm (Verizon). I got an unlock code and followed instructions correctly, and it said that the code was accepted. I put in my China Mobile SIM Card, and sometimes it'll register and work correctly (says CHINA MOBILE at the top, and "edge" underneath the signal bars), other times it won't (will just show the roaming triangle, and "1X" underneath signal bars). Does anyone possibly know what the problem might be? Both times it'll read the same info under "Status" and "SIM Card" in Options on the phone.

Thanks for any help!!!
    07-02-09 12:39 AM
    it will work when you are in china physically. verizon sim card is semi-dummy, it does not contain phone number. it works well abroad when you put local sim card.
    07-02-09 11:11 AM
    do you have the mobile network set to GSM/UMTS? options -> mobile network
    07-02-09 11:48 AM
    How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry Storm

1) Need a SIM card inserted into the phone
    2) Click on manage connections, select turn all connections off
    3) Go to Settings Menu, Options, Advanced Options and then SIM Card.
    4) Hit the menu button and select show keyboard
    5) Type in mepd using the keyboard (nothing will show on screen)
    6) Type in mep2 another screen pops up for the code
    7) Enter the code, remember you ONLY have 10 chances to get it right
    8) Press the enter key
    9) A message will appear saying code accepted
    10) Turn device off, insert SIM of your choice if have not done so already
    11) Turn the phone back on
    12) Go to Options, then Mobile Network, on the third row switch it to GSM/UMTS and you're done.

Issues:
    1) If you have issues with the phone not recognizing the network, make sure the radio is on by making sure it is not low on power.
    2) Sometimes the phone requires you to do "m e p p d" instead of "m e p d" and if that occurs, you will need to do "m e p p 2" instead of "m e p 2"
    3) If you have issues with the network not working after you have finished and the phone isn't low on power, switch from Global to GSM to Verizon a few times (keep on doing) and after 3 times of the process completed, leave it on GSM. Should work now.

Removing "Activation Required" on the screen:
    1) On the main screen of the phone, press ##000000
    2) For the Mobile Directory Number, put in your phone number in there.
    3) After you have done that, press the menu button to save the options and the phone will automatically restart

Issues:
    1) If you have issues with the phone not recognizing the network, make sure the radio is on by making sure it is not low on power.
    2) Sometimes the phone requires you to do "m e p p d" instead of "m e p d" and if that occurs, you will need to do "m e p p 2" instead of "m e p 2"
    3) If you have issues with the network not working after you have finished and the phone isn't low on power, switch from Global to GSM to Verizon a few times (keep on doing) and after 3 times of the process completed, leave it on GSM. Should work now.

Removing "Activation Required" on the screen:
    1) On the main screen of the phone, press ##000000
    2) For the Mobile Directory Number, put in your phone number in there.
    3) After you have done that, press the menu button to save the options and the phone will automatically restart
    07-02-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD