Hi everyone,

I have a Rogers 9700 unlocked, and was wondering if while travelling in the US, Florida specifically, if I purchase a prepaid SIM card from AT&T if I will have use of voice, text and internet? I realize my email probably won't work but I can access it from the web if needed. My main concern is having voice and internet access for google maps, poynt and facebook.

Also, because AT&T is Rogers natural roaming partner, will I have 3G or just Edge?

thanks in advance for the help.
    01-09-10 12:48 PM
    You should have 3G and EDGE on AT&T bands. Prepaid SIM will give you voice and text, but all dependant on what you prepay for. Internet can be had by using WiFi, Hotspot Browser.

EDIT: Prepaid SIM will not give you Data, so no Google Maps/Poynt/Facebook apps, just browser access only.

Have fun!
    Last edited by synwars; 01-11-10 at 02:29 PM.
    01-11-10 02:27 PM
    You can go check it out onto the AT&T website to get more info. I travel to West Palm Beach, and Miami area each year and I get a simcard AT&T from ebay and then put a prepaid minutes on it! You will have full 3G service but as synwars say, your data won't be included! you can add this option or pay the data kb if you use it.

But best way is to use you wifi! It works well for BBM,email, messenger! Alot of free spots in Florida for Wifi and I set my automatically and when I get into a wifi zone, my phone signals me by getting me all my email and message that was pending
    01-12-10 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD