I recently purchased a Verizon tour for one my sales reps. We sent the phone to him in a foreign country for him to use. The phone is connected to our BES Server so he can get email from the office in the USA. Recently we received a bill that was totally out of this world. We were going to have him unlock the phone and use a simm card from a carrier in his country. If he does that will he still be able to receive email from our BES server?
    Last edited by herbc0704; 11-26-09 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
    11-26-09 12:22 PM
    No he will not unless it has BES Service activated on that foreign sim.
    11-26-09 12:33 PM
    No he will not unless it has BES Service activated on that foreign sim.
    So that would mean we would have to get the simm card id and the name of the cell company and activate that from the BES Server?
    11-26-09 12:38 PM
    It would have to have BES Service on that sim card. Not too many companies overseas offer BES.
    11-26-09 12:41 PM
    I recently purchased a Verizon tour for one my sales reps. We sent the phone to him in a foreign country for him to use. The phone is connected to our BES Server so he can get email from the office in the USA. Recently we received a bill that was totally out of this world. We were going to have him unlock the phone and use a simm card from a carrier in his country. If he does that will he still be able to receive email from our BES server?
    Yes he will if the Carrier has BES, which country is he in, we will tell you which carrier to go with that has Blackberry Enterprise Server plans
    11-26-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD