08-21-09 10:45 AM
29 12
tools
    Simply follow these directions to unlock any blackberry for free:

1. Dial *#06#

2. Write down IMEI

3. Call Service Provider (Verizon)

4. Ask for the department that will allow for international usage.

5. They will ask for your IMEI and send you an email with your unlock code.

6. Once you have the code just go to options and advanced settings and then type mepd, then type mep2, enter the unlock code they gave you and you're unlocked...now just pop in any SIM and it should work..

YOU MAY NEED TO ALSO UPDATE SERVICE BOOKS FOR IT TO WORK FULLY!!!

NO GUARANTEES!
    Last edited by crackBerryTour; 07-15-09 at 04:08 PM.
    07-15-09 03:53 PM
    This Should Work To Unlock To Other Networks Outside The Us, And Possibly Tmo Usa And At&t.
    07-15-09 04:11 PM
    Canadian carriers will not do this. I called to ask them if I could use my Rogers SIM card in my Telus device when I went abroad. They said there are ways to do it, but they will not do it for you, they do not suggest it, and it voids your warranty. I confirmed this with the Store Manager at the Telus Corporate Store here as well.
    You can always use one of the many websites out there and they will give you the unlock code for your phone. I think it ranges from $15-$25. The carriers discourage unlocking because they want you to roam on their network so they can make lots of $ off you. The whole "it voids your warranty" comments are BS, in my opinion. Just a scare tactic to prevent you from using your phone on other carriers. If you didn't tell them your phone was unlocked, they would never know.....
    07-15-09 04:22 PM
    HOLY CRAP, this worked! I can't believe it! No BS! However, I do have some slightly revised instructions based on how I did it.

1. Call 1-888-844-0395. This is the Verizon Wireless Global Phone Support number.

2. Tell them you want to unlock your Tour because of whatever reason. I told them I'm going to Singapore for 2 weeks and that I've already looked into their rates.

3. They send you an email with the terms and conditions (while you're still on the phone)

4. Ask them to just walk you through the directions (since you can't do it if you're calling from the phone you're trying to unlock), but most importantly make sure they give you that unlock code.

5. Hang up, Turn off all connections.

6. Go to Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card

7. Once in the Sim card menu, enter on your keypad "mepd"

8. This will bring up more info on your SIM card. Now enter on the keypad "mep2"

9. It will ask you for the unlock code the Verizon rep just gave you.

10. Enter the code and if entered correctly, it'll say something like "Code Accepted"

11. Do a battery pull, turn connections back on, and you're ready to go!

Took me like 5 min!
    07-15-09 05:34 PM
    HOLY CRAP, this worked! I can't believe it! No BS! However, I do have some slightly revised instructions based on how I did it.

1. Call 1-888-844-0395. This is the Verizon Wireless Global Phone Support number.

2. Tell them you want to unlock your Tour because of whatever reason. I told them I'm going to Singapore for 2 weeks and that I've already looked into their rates.

3. They send you an email with the terms and conditions (while you're still on the phone)

4. Ask them to just walk you through the directions (since you can't do it if you're calling from the phone you're trying to unlock), but most importantly make sure they give you that unlock code.

5. Hang up, Turn off all connections.

6. Go to Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card

7. Once in the Sim card menu, enter on your keypad "mepd"

8. This will bring up more info on your SIM card. Now enter on the keypad "mep2"

9. It will ask you for the unlock code the Verizon rep just gave you.

10. Enter the code and if entered correctly, it'll say something like "Code Accepted"

11. Do a battery pull, turn connections back on, and you're ready to go!

Took me like 5 min!

those this void your warranty on the phone? and by unlocking your phone are you making the device any slower by doing this???
    07-15-09 05:46 PM
    those this void your warranty on the phone? and by unlocking your phone are you making the device any slower by doing this???
    This doesn't void your warranty. By doing it this way, Verizon actually gave me the unlock code and the steps on how to do it. All I did was type them up. And no, it doesn't make your phone run any slower. It just opens up options for you
    07-15-09 05:55 PM
    Allows you to pop your AT&T sim chip in and use the Tour on AT&T's EDGE/2G network.
    07-15-09 06:13 PM
    I think Verizon has a certain criteria they want you to meet I have been a VZW customer for quite some time. When I called for my wifes storm and now my Tour, they walked me thru it. She said you had to be a customer for X ammount of tiome and account has to be in good standing. They say to use there card because if you use another SIM they can offer no support. The woman who unlocked my tour was super nice and a pleasure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 06:31 PM
    I think Verizon has a certain criteria they want you to meet I have been a VZW customer for quite some time. When I called for my wifes storm and now my Tour, they walked me thru it. She said you had to be a customer for X ammount of tiome and account has to be in good standing. They say to use there card because if you use another SIM they can offer no support. The woman who unlocked my tour was super nice and a pleasure.

I agree that this may be the case. I've been a Verizon customer for a long time, and my account has always been in good standing. The gentleman that helped me was also very friendly. Doesn't hurt to give it a shot though!
    07-15-09 06:38 PM
    If you don't plan on traveling, is there a point to doing this?

07-15-09 06:45 PM
    If you don't plan on traveling, is there a point to doing this?

some people will unlock a cdma phone to use on a gsm network (ie. at&t, t-mobile) and use their egde network.
    07-15-09 06:48 PM
    I bet if you read the terms and conditions in that email he mentioned, you'll find something very different.
    I Unlocked my Phone on day one via Verizon Wireless.

On day 4 I am getting a new one by warranty (Headphone jack/battery door/Vibrate issues. )

Unlocking a phone does NOT VOID your Warranty.

You are doing ZERO harm to the device. If unlocking the phone Void's it, then so does installing the OS.

Verizon will send you a blurb about how the are NOT RESPONSIBLE for charges you build up, WHILE NOT ON THEIR NETWORK/PARTNER.

And that only makes sense that your responsible for your own actions. Hmmm.

Thank you.
    07-15-09 07:12 PM
    Here's the exact email they send you verbatim:

"Your Verizon Wireless Global Phone is equipped with a compatible Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) Card (the Global Phone SIM Card) for use when roaming in 'GSM Mode' within the then-current Global Phone Service Area (GPSA), as published on www.verizonwireless. com. When traveling internationally outside of the GPSA, You may use the Global Phones in 'CDMA Mode' throughout Verizon Wireless' international roaming service area, subject to applicable rates, terms and conditions. A current list of countries where international roaming service is available is accessible at www.verizonwireless. com.

To obtain voice/data service outside of the GPSA using a Global Phone in 'GSM Mode', Your Global Phone must first be unlocked by entering a numerical code (Unlock Code) into the phone (see Your phone manufacturer's user guide for instructions). Once unlocked, You may insert another wireless carrier's SIM Card (Other SIM Card) into the Global Phone to obtain service from that carrier. Each Global Phone has a unique Unlock Code. Unlock Codes are available upon request from Verizon Wireless subject to the following terms and conditions:

1. You agree that Global Phone rates do not apply to any service obtained through the use of Other SIM Cards, and that Verizon Wireless is not responsible for, and has no information about, such service.

2. YOU AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL USE OF OTHER SIM CARDS IN THE GLOBAL PHONE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND EXPENSE AND IS SUBJECT TO THE RATES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE APPLICABLE WIRELESS CARRIER.

3. You agree that, to the extent applicable when using Other SIM Cards, Your use of the Global Phone remains subject to Your Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement, Calling Plan and Global Phone terms and conditions, including without limitation, the requirement to abide by all applicable foreign laws when using the Global Phone outside of the United States.

4. You agree that these Terms and Conditions become part of your Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement and Calling Plan."

So you can decide for yourselves
    Last edited by rclee820; 07-15-09 at 07:29 PM.
    07-15-09 07:25 PM
    Awwww, look at you getting all frustrated! Do you want a gold star now for putting letters in BOLD?

There's a provision in Telus' TOS which denotes the fact that an unlocked device will not be replaced or repaired under warranty. It really doesn't make any difference to me if you think it doesn't void your warranty, I'm relaying the same information that was relayed to me by the Canadian carriers.
    Not frusterated, nor mad. Only dogs get mad, and they shoot them.

Your giving advice to someone on Verizon, about how Telus' does things. Things are backwards in Canada, I used to live there. Bold is for ease of comprehension.

Verizon Wireless, DOES NOT, Void your warranty for unlocking your phone.

Telus may, but I never even bothered with a Cellphone when I lived up there. All the carriers are ripoff artists, even more so than their American counterparts.

Lets play, the lets start a rumor game. If you dial 666 on your Verizon Phone, your cat will turn black! Fo' Realz, yo!
    07-15-09 07:29 PM
    Not frusterated, nor mad. Only dogs get mad, and they shoot them.
    Sorry, but wtf?
    07-15-09 07:33 PM
    Seriously? my wife did this with her storm (as did hundreds - if not thousands of other people). This is standard practice, but if morons screw with Verizon (that is - unlock phones and stop paying bills/go to other USA providers) they will surely stop the practice of free unlocking.
    07-15-09 07:36 PM
    Sorry, but wtf?
    Shooting a mad/rabid dog? Its an old saying.
    07-15-09 07:39 PM
    all i said was i would like to unlock my tour since i'm going to costa rica next week, and they unlocked my phone and then i got them to unlock the other two BB tours i have on my family plan (my moms and sisters phones). It was easier than some girls...
    07-15-09 08:07 PM
    Do they ask for your Verizon #?

Hmm, and i wonder if they have the unlock codes for any other providers...
    08-12-09 02:40 AM
    And dont be crazy, This will not void any warranty even up here in Canada.
    08-12-09 02:41 AM
    Thanks for the info! Indeed it will not void your warranty even more so if Verizon does it for you. Also there are many reasons to have an unlocked phone!
    08-16-09 02:43 AM
    WOW! there is certainly a lot of public display of affection shown in this thread! lol
    08-16-09 05:21 PM
    I did try to call Cust Svc, but they said I have to wait for 2 month with outstanding and paid off in full in order to unlock BB TOUR.
    I was sad, because I need the unlock code right away for this Sat trip to N.Korea. Any idea all or advice?
    08-20-09 04:42 PM
    I did try to call Cust Svc, but they said I have to wait for 2 month with outstanding and paid off in full in order to unlock BB TOUR.
    I was sad, because I need the unlock code right away for this Sat trip to N.Korea. Any idea all or advice?

pay 15-20 dollers and get it unlocked
    08-20-09 05:24 PM
    I have had every verizon phone unlocked in this same manner, However my understanding is that you must have the phone for 60 days and keep your account in good standing for that time period. I have had it done in that 60 days on my Storm, but I had to speak to a supervisor and I faxed my itinerary to her.

I swear though, if people start abusing this and they remove this feature I am going to be so mad lol.
    08-20-09 05:34 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD