Hi, I'm new to the forums. I broke my curve 9380 (dropped down huge flight of school stairs), the screen popped right out and the connecting ribbon broke. So until i get a new phone i have to use my sisters old Torch 9800, which was locked to rogers. I found a website that generated free codes and on my first try it unlocked it ("code accepted") but when i put my telus sim into it, it doesnt work. Mobile network is on, but it doesnt say "Telus" and it says "SOS" in the top right corner. When i open the phone screen it says "my number" and the number associated with my telus sim shows up, but when i try to place a call it says "No Service Currently Available". I know its unlocked because the sim settings are all how they should look. The code i got looked a bit short, but it said i had 225 tries left, so i tried it and it unlocked on the first time. code was: 12904398
    ID: (says my id#)
    Peronalization:
    SIMDisabled
    NetworkDisabled
    Network SubsetDisabled
    Service ProviderDisabled
    CorporateDisabled
    Phone Number:
    (says my phone#)

Can somebody please tell my why this isnt working? I need it to work asap, kinda addicted.
    Thanks in advanced!!
    Last edited by Samkz; 11-13-13 at 03:50 PM. Reason: add
    11-13-13 03:46 PM
    1. Welcome to Crackberry Forums. Be careful it can get harsh in here
    2. Probably because you got a free unlock code. It may not be properly unlocked. You should be able to run an unlocked rogers phone on the telus network. Maybe pay the $10 for a real unlock code from crackberry or a reputable online unlocker.
    11-14-13 12:40 PM
    1. Welcome to Crackberry Forums. Be careful it can get harsh in here
    2. Probably because you got a free unlock code. It may not be properly unlocked. You should be able to run an unlocked rogers phone on the telus network. Maybe pay the $10 for a real unlock code from crackberry or a reputable online unlocker.
    No, I don't think so. May be BB 9800 need more code unlock . .
    11-15-13 08:09 AM
    No, I don't think so. May be BB 9800 need more code unlock . .
    Huh??
    11-15-13 08:46 AM
    Huh??
    I don't think "Jack_Yugis" has ever posted a useful non-spammy comment, so ignore them.

The key information from the original post is that the phone is telling us that no locks are active (all of them are disabled). The phone is definitely unlocked so Samkz doesn't need another unlock code. The problem looks like the phone could be blocked or there is an issue with the SIM card they're trying to use.

Samkz please insert a SIM card from the phones original network and see if you can either make or receive a call. If you can't, it's likely the phone is blocked. If your sister is the phones original owner she'll then need to call your original network and get the block removed.

If the original network does work, I'd recommend trying a completely different SIM card and seeing what happens then. This may highlight a simple issue with your previous SIM card.

I hope that helps.
    11-20-13 06:30 AM