i have a little problem, its not life or death but it bugs me!
    every time i unlock mi BB with the top unlock keys butotn, the bb unlocks (daa!) but it gos to multimedia not to the start screen (with the wallpaper and the short cuts)...
    plz help... i am verry anoid with this becuase it happens every single time!

04-04-11 01:24 PM
    Maybe you're pressing it twice (not waiting long enough for it to unlock)? Or, maybe your phone isn't really locked? My 8530 doesn't do this...or, when it does, it is because I push it twice.
    04-04-11 01:34 PM
    Try holding it down for a second or two.
    04-04-11 09:25 PM
    Keep in mind that the backlight not being on doesn't necessarily mean the phone is locked... You need to ensure that your blackberry is actually locking.

With the phone unlocked (home screen displayed, backlight on) press and hold the play/pause button or the "A" key until the screen goes black.

Now press the trackpad key one time without holding it. If nothing happens then your Blackberry is locked. If your home screen displays then the phone is not locked -Try again.

Once locked, you should then be able to press the play/pause key one time without holding it for any duration and the home screen should display.

If the phone is locked and pressing the play/pause key one time opens the app menu, the media folder, or anything other than just unlocking the phone then there is an issue. Perhaps dirt, grime, or dust has made it's way under the media keys and is causing it to stick.
    04-05-11 05:35 AM