Hi. I'm new here and am in the market for an 8900 series. I may be able to get one but it's an AT&T. What type of problems can I expect if I get an unlocked AT&T branded 8900?

Will I be able to text, use yahooIM, upload videos, use wifi, and send PIX TXTs?

Thanks!
    06-21-10 12:41 PM
    I did the opposite, had a TMO branded 8900 with an AT&T SIM and everything worked except the 8900 doesnt support 3G, if Im not mistaken. That's been several Berries ago, LOL. What you described should work fine with your data plan.
    06-21-10 02:20 PM
    I actually got an 8900 TMOB this afternoon. I'll be active here until I get settled in with my new (to me) BB. There is no 3G coverage out here in the sticks so the lack of that feature in my BB is not a big deal. Thanks for answering
    06-21-10 02:50 PM
    Hi. I'm new here and am in the market for an 8900 series. I may be able to get one but it's an AT&T. What type of problems can I expect if I get an unlocked AT&T branded 8900?

Will I be able to text, use yahooIM, upload videos, use wifi, and send PIX TXTs?

Thanks!
    All those require a BIS or BES plan so as long as you add either one everything will work.
    06-21-10 08:01 PM

Thanks!
    You will be able to use all features, same as if the phone was from T-Mobile if you have a Blackberry Data Plan.
    06-23-10 07:50 PM
    Just get it unlocked, add a Blackberry Data plan like the boys said, and you should be good to go
    06-24-10 08:39 AM
    Unlock it and you can use it on any network
    06-30-10 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD