Maybe somebody can help me here, I can't unlock this thing. Tried 4 different companies and they all give me the same code....code is correct because I called Telus and they confirmed it's correct for me. Trust me I'm doing it correctly but I have 1 attempt left.
    I get a notification that says" Sim card blocked-the device is network locked, contact your service provider"......... then when I go to Sim section it says "Your current Sim card requires one or more mobile equipment personalization codes before the mobile network will be available".
    I've read around these forums that people had issues unlocking RDV# phones instead of what is usually on the back (PRD#). Usually it involved getting a code directly from blackberry by one of the companies but no one that I have tried either knows how to unlock it or perhaps is too lazy to try a little harder, I dk.
    Luckily I bought a new Z30 from shop BlackBerry when they went on sale and loving it but I want to get this Telus version unlocked so I can give it to my wife. Thanks for any help.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 10:11 AM
    Where did you get the Z30 from? Was it brand new or was it refurbished? If refurbished, that's probably why you're having a hard time with the unlocking.
    11-17-14 10:17 AM
    I got it off Kijiji, the guy said he got it from Telus as a replacement because his original one couldn't be fixed. So it could be refurbished or it could be new, I dk. Why would that make a difference though?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 10:38 AM
    You have a replacement refurbished phone. Refurbished devices don't use the typical unlock code. I suggest you try going through TELUS and having the phone sent to BlackBerry for unlocking.
    11-17-14 10:45 AM
    I c....ok cool thank you for helping me out... I'll give it a try, hopefully they don't look at me like a deer in the headlights when I ask them lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 10:55 AM
    unless he has an active account telus they wont do a thing other than refer to bb.

you only have the 1 attempt left? not too good and i am nowheres near my computer, otherwise i would try and generate the unlock for you. see if the codes are the same

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1151, I missed you.
    11-17-14 02:34 PM
    Ya I don't have an account with Telus... going there soon.... hopefully they don't charge huge for this.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:02 PM
    Read on another old thread that some Telus phones require and unlocking code + a (SPC) service provider code or a code from blackberry world database. Just wished I didn't have to send my phone in.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:11 PM
    Ya I'm SOL. Telus can't send it for me because I don't have an account with them. I tried the first 8 digits before with no luck and I also just tried last 8 with no luck... 0 attempts left. Ideas anyone?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:16 PM
    Hello everyone, I'm looking for advice as well. I bought 2 Telus z30's that were off contract and warranty replacements. Neither unlocked with the remote codes, 1 has only 1 attempt left the other has 8 remaining. What should I do to ensure they unlock properly? If the answer is sending them to BlackBerry is there a certain procedure that needs to be followed? Thank you to anyone that can provide some direction with this. Happy holidays!
    Last edited by Jcard72; 12-26-14 at 10:56 PM.
    12-26-14 08:56 PM
    Another point of interest is I sent in my imei based on the about and hardware section of the phone and made sure it matched the back listed imei (15 digits) however when I did *#06# it product the same imei with an additional 2 digits on the end (17 digits). Would these extra 2 digits change the unlock code produced? Should I re attempt to get an unlock code with the 17 digit imei?
    12-27-14 10:23 AM
    Another point of interest is I sent in my imei based on the about and hardware section of the phone and made sure it matched the back listed imei (15 digits) however when I did *#06# it product the same imei with an additional 2 digits on the end (17 digits). Would these extra 2 digits change the unlock code produced? Should I re attempt to get an unlock code with the 17 digit imei?
    Though this is an old thread, I just noticed the exact same difference between the 15 digit and 17 digit IMEI codes. I submitted my code to a different vendor based on the 15 digits I got through the hardware section on the phone. Damn...I have now been waiting for half a day for a reply but now I am expecting a code not found error based on the 15 digits and not the 17 digits. I am hopeful I can get a hold of the vendor to troubleshoot this if indeed I ever get a reply and now an error of some type...

Were you ever able to get your phones unlocked?
    02-04-15 10:13 PM