I have the unlock code for my TELUS tour. My phone is currently not active, nor do I have a SIM card. The instructions given to me were for all types of BB, except the Tour. Does anyone have instructions? Do I need to have a SIM card inserted? Thanks for your help.
    09-10-09 12:12 PM
    You need to buy an unlock code from an online provide (I used uniquephones.com) and then follow their instructions.
    09-10-09 07:16 PM
    the unlock code for the SIM slot is 8 digits, which you will have to go through a 3rd party to get and pay a fee, they will send the proper instructions on how to enter the 8 digit unlock code for your sim slot.

DO NOT ATTEMPT to use the 6 digit unlock code that TELUS or Bell will give you, thats not the correct unlock code for what you want to do. Nor will they give you the proper unlock code either, and might even try to lie to you that it will void your warrenty etc. You only have 10 attempts to enter the proper code or it will be locked forevermore so dont mess it up.
    09-10-09 08:39 PM
    I did buy an unlock code, and the instructions that followed were for all BB phones....except the Tour. I bought the unlock code from a suggestion on one of the forums, but no instructions were given in that particular thread....any ideas?
    09-11-09 01:02 AM
    I used the following instructions to unlock my Telus Tour and it worked fine.

CellUnlock.net-Unlocking Instructions

Do you have the Telus sim installed? I'm pretty sure you need a sim of some kind installed for the unlocking procedure to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 07:45 AM
    I just did this last night.

The unlock code I got was 10 digits. I used cellunlock.net (and got the 50% discount for crackberry.com members)

The procedure it easy!

1. Go to connections and turn off all connections.

2. Go to Options, Advanced Options, SIM Card

3. Type in 'MEPD' - This will show more things on the screen. You will see Network Active. That means it's network locked.

4. While still on this screen type in 'MEPAlt2' Then put in your 10 digit code and hit return. Now Network should show Inactive beside it, meaning that it is now SIM unlocked.

5. Turn your connections back on. You can easily switch between GSM and EVDO.

If you are the type of person who needs pictures with the instructions, check out this video:
    Last edited by Synergie; 09-11-09 at 12:07 PM.
    09-11-09 11:49 AM
    So, alas I did need to have a SIM card installed to unlock my phone and voila done! Thanks everyone.
    09-12-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD