Just spoke to a Telus rep and he said that since a Telus SIM had been registered in my 9550 a SIM from another carrier won't work, and unlocking my Berry won't do anything.

Does this make sense?

TIA - R.
    04-16-10 08:17 PM
    Just spoke to a Telus rep and he said that since a Telus SIM had been registered in my 9550 a SIM from another carrier won't work, and unlocking my Berry won't do anything.

Does this make sense?

TIA - R.
    No it doesn't. I would say get it unlocked first. Then if a friend has a BB on another carrier, see if they will allow you to use the sim card for a few minutes. I believe you will find it will work without issue.
    04-16-10 09:14 PM

Does this make sense?

TIA - R.
    No it is not true. Other SIM cards will work just fine.
    04-16-10 09:59 PM

Does this make sense?

TIA - R.
    They just don't want to loose you as customer
    04-16-10 11:50 PM
    It will work just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 12:06 AM

Does this make sense?

TIA - R.
    I'm using a Telus phone which was used by the previous owner on Telus network for 5 days... Now I'm on Rogers and it works just fine. Go for it...I came from an IPhone and I say my S2 is better than my old 3GS which I really loved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 12:07 AM
    I'm using a verizon phone on Rogers.
    The Telus rep was either lying to you, or they don't know what they're talking about.
    04-17-10 02:12 AM
    unlocked my telus 9550 using 'uniquephones' service. no problem at all using a rogers sim card along with my telus service.
    04-17-10 07:24 AM
    lol what a sad retention technique..instill fear

Once its unlocked you're good to go with any GSM network.

Let us know if you need any help
    04-17-10 09:00 PM
    Telus is a ....... Provider all the reps sitting in a/c and heated room are sense less those guys dont know who the owner of telus is they are useless reps with no knowledge. Its like hitting our head on a wall.
    04-17-10 09:06 PM

Does this make sense?

TIA - R.
    That would be the biggest lie ever
    04-18-10 01:18 AM
    definetly it will work...
    04-18-10 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD