I have a storm 1 (unlocked) with my U.K. T-Mobile sim card in it and I can place call or send SMS on the Roger network so far everything is great.

When I put the same sim card in my unlocked bold 9700 I get a recorded message stating that my phone network does not allow me to use this service. what is that?

Am I still locked on Telus?
    If I bring it the UK will it work?
    01-14-10 12:28 PM
    I have a storm 1 (unlocked) with my U.K. T-Mobile sim card in it and I can place call or send SMS on the Roger network so far everything is great.

When I put the same sim card in my unlocked bold 9700 I get a recorded message stating that my phone network does not allow me to use this service. what is that?

Am I still locked on Telus?
    If I bring it the UK will it work?
    Did you try using the 9700 on 2G instead of 3G?
    01-14-10 12:30 PM
    As always you are fast!!! no I did not btu I am trying this now, will get back.

Thanks
    01-14-10 12:32 PM
    As always you are fast!!! no I did not btu I am trying this now, will get back.

Thanks
    Hehe...ok let us know How's the weather in Montreal?
    01-14-10 12:34 PM
    YES! your are a GENIUS! I am kicking myself! I should have try this before it does work on EDGE but not 3G with Rogers. thanks again.
    and for the weather crappy as always that is why I am going back to England for the sun
    01-14-10 12:47 PM
    YES! your are a GENIUS! I am kicking myself! I should have try this before it does work on EDGE but not 3G with Rogers. thanks again.
    and for the weather crappy as always that is why I am going back to England for the sun
    You're very welcome! Lol...I use to live in Montreal...had enough of the winter
    01-14-10 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD