Hi All,

Complete newbie on this forum! I've checked around the forums, but was unable to find a solution to my problem...

Yesterday, I had my Blackberry Tour 9630 (Telus) unlocked at a random store in a mall. The unlock seemed okay (all the details in the "M-E-P-D" screen were correct). I inserted a Fido SIM card, but was only able to get to "edge" connectivity. Is there a way to get data to function ("EDGE")? Additionally, I noticed the delta sign beside "Fido" displayed. I'm assuming it's the symbol for roaming? This morning, I tried using a Rogers SIM card as well. Although the roaming sign did not appear, I am still unable to get full EDGE connectivity with data. If I switch back to CDMA, I have no problems getting back to 1XEV.

I don't mind so much that I can't access data in Canada, but when I travel to Hong Kong, I'm hoping to be able to access 3G/EDGE so that data services are available to me when I'm away.

Another issue arose just this evening. The Tour goes into a continual reboot cycle. After a few minutes of being on, the LED goes red and begins to reboot. After a few seconds, it blanks out again and the LED illuminates red. A battery pull solved the problem, but after a few minutes of use, it rebooted itself once more. Could this have something to do with the unlocking procedure?

Thanks in advance to those who may be able to give some insight to my predicament.

Best Regards,
    tofu9755
    01-24-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD