05-20-09 12:43 PM
43 12
tools
    I read all over here that its simple as this, call ATT, tell them you are going to travel and you need an unlock code. They would not provide me with one. They said I purchased my phone under the terms of contract and they can not unlock it until the contract is expired.

Any ideas? How can I get this unlocked, I know they can do it.
    I got mine within minutes from them as well. Different reps will have different personalities, etc. Yes, call back and get someone else. And be very pleasant!
    05-19-09 04:07 PM
    i dont understand what the huge issue is with getting their unlock codes from their carriers. its not some HUGE deal that has to be carried out like a well planned covert operation. its a stupid code thats yours to know. just tell them you want it. if they dont give it to you, call back. its so stupid when i keep seeing threads with people afraid to ask the rep or feel they have to come up with some huge scheme to get it. get over it and call them. every single phone i have ever owned has been unlocked by calling the carrier and asking for the code and i only had to ask once. jeeeeeez.
    05-19-09 06:09 PM
    i dont understand what the huge issue is with getting their unlock codes from their carriers. its not some HUGE deal that has to be carried out like a well planned covert operation. its a stupid code thats yours to know. just tell them you want it. if they dont give it to you, call back. its so stupid when i keep seeing threads with people afraid to ask the rep or feel they have to come up with some huge scheme to get it. get over it and call them. every single phone i have ever owned has been unlocked by calling the carrier and asking for the code and i only had to ask once. jeeeeeez.

agreed... ive never felt the need to come up with an elaborate story... i paid for my device, it isnt their buisness...
    05-19-09 06:13 PM
    Rogers will not .... i repeat will not ...... and has never given out unlock codes.
    05-19-09 06:20 PM
    Rogers will not .... i repeat will not ...... and has never given out unlock codes.

in the usa we have laws about that... canada does not
    05-19-09 06:21 PM
    in the usa we have laws about that... canada does not
    I know, I know and i wish Rogers would have given me the code as it would of saved me 1 hours time, but i had fun doing it all and still unlocked my phone for FREE.
    05-19-09 06:23 PM
    I know people say time is money, but I mean really it takes maybe 5min to call the deathstar and ask, no elaborate lie, just ask

I called att the day I got service when I got home and simply asked for the unlock code for each device on the account (3) and was given each code immediately. When I upgraded a device to the bold (off contract) I again called the day I bought it and had the code again in under 5min.
    05-19-09 07:37 PM
    They are obligated to provide unlocked code 4 weeks after activation. Just email them and they will provide one. Don't waste time on the phone.
    05-19-09 07:44 PM
    att did the same to me...

i googled and found some one overseas for 7$

i cannot understand way they are sooooo lame......
    05-19-09 10:22 PM
    I went to 1800-331-0500, got the unlock code in 5 minutes for free and it worked (four times).
    I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this.....classic. After reading all of the replies I wonder if the op called back and got it unlocked?
    05-20-09 12:09 AM
    I think the OP has gotten enough good advice on here. If this thread stays open it could get ugly since I've already read a couple of arguments.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 01:10 AM
    bottom line. if u paid to get it unlocked, shame on you. i give props to our resident unlocking services that people pay for.....fair enough. but if you cant get the code in 5 min from a US provider, you deserve to pay for it.
    05-20-09 01:19 AM
    I read all over here that its simple as this, call ATT, tell them you are going to travel and you need an unlock code. They would not provide me with one. They said I purchased my phone under the terms of contract and they can not unlock it until the contract is expired.

Any ideas? How can I get this unlocked, I know they can do it.
    We can help you, although we sell the unlock codes like other vendors around the Forum, we feel generous today We gave out over 18 000 free codes during the promo..couple of more codes will not hurt us.

We will be more than happy to unlock your phone for free. PM us your imei and we will send you the unlock code.
    05-20-09 09:08 AM
    We can help you, although we sell the unlock codes like other vendors around the Forum, we feel generous today We gave out over 18 000 free codes during the promo..couple of more codes will not hurt us.

We will be more than happy to unlock your phone for free. PM us your imei and we will send you the unlock code.
    Someone would be crazy for not accepting this offer.

Thanks again for my free unlock!
    05-20-09 09:11 AM
    Rip..

Whoever pays anything beyond $0 dollars is getting ripped off.

(that is, if you are doing it and in the US.)
    05-20-09 10:45 AM

Big props to cellunlocknet. I just took advantage of their very generous *free* offer, and it worked like a charm. I had my unlock code in less than five minutes, followed their unlock instructions, and everything went off without a hitch. I'm all set.

Thanks very much, folks!
    05-20-09 11:18 AM
    Also, you can just log into your AT&T account and send them a message requesting the code. It took me 24 hours for a response, but I was in no big hurry.

See my request and response:

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    Contact and Verification Information
    First Name: X
    Last Name: X
    Wireless Number: xxxxxxxxxx
    E-mail Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Topic/Subtopic
    Topic: I have another question about my phone
    Subtopic: No subtopic 2 available

Additional Information

Q1:Enter the wireless number associated with the account you're
    inquiring about
    A1:xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Q2:What is the make and model of the phone you're asking about?
    A2:Blackberry Bold

Q3:Please enter your phone question below:
    A3:Hi, I just got my new Blackberry Bold to replace my prior Curve. I
    need to get this SIM Unlocked so I can use with my SIM card in Europe as
    I have always done. I was told to send my IMEI code. Can you please
    send me the unlock code for:

IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-------------------
    Dear X,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail AT&T regarding getting the phone
    unlocked. My name is X, and I am happy to help you with your
    inquiry.

We have reviewed your account. We show that the subsidy unlock code for
    the IMEI number xxxxxxxxxx you provided was sent to the e-mail
    address listed on your account. This e-mail contains the subsidy unlock
    code xxxxxxxxxxx. You have 5 tries to unlock the equipment.
    Subsidy unlock codes are specific for IMEI. Please verify the IMEI on
    the equipment by entering *#06# on the keypad of the equipment before
    entering the subsidy unlock code in the equipment to verify that it is
    the correct IMEI previously provided to us. If this process is
    unsuccessful five times in a row, the phone will be permanently locked
    to the AT&T network. Here are the steps for unlocking the phone:

1. Insert AT&T SIM Card
    2. Power phone on and turn off the radio (turn Wireless Off option).
    Very important.
    3. Select Options then select Advanced Options
    4. Scroll down and select Sim Card
    5. Hold down the Left Shift key (CAP) key and type "MEPD".This does not
    display on the screen.
    6. Hold down the Left Shift key (CAP) and type "MEP2".(this will be
    typed in "MEP" ALT "E". (ALT "E" is 2 on the keypad) This does not
    display on the screen.
    7. Enter the Unlock Code
    8. Press Enter.
    9. Reboot Device. Device is now Unlocked

X, we would like to thank you for choosing AT&T as your cell
    phone service provider, and we look forward to many years together. If
    you need further assistance with this issue please respond with a reply.

We are here to assist you. I encourage you to visit us at
    Cell Phones and cell phone plans - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular often to view your monthly account statements, make
    payments and shop for new products and services. We greatly appreciate
    the opportunity to serve you. Should you have additional concerns or
    questions about this issue please reply to this email. If you need to
    contact us again regarding a new issue please send us another email via
    the contact link through your online account.

Sincerely,

X

AT&T
    Online Customer Care Professional
    05-20-09 12:16 PM
    After a long but pleasant call to AT&T, I got a code. Not without a lot of boilerplate "try to dissuade the customer" crappola. They wanted a FAX with all this information on it..I said "What if I don't have a fax? Isn't that something from the Victorian era?" They also tried to add on the international plan to my account (for an 8-day trip?). Long story short - Bold unlocked.
    05-20-09 12:43 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD