ok i dont get this. i just got off the phone with at&t to unlock my 9700 so my bro can use my phone and use a prepaid chip while on vacation. they told me that the phone does not me requirements to unlock the phone.

WTF is that suppose to mean?? ok how do i meet the requirements lol

xalexakaspyderx@aol.com
    09-05-10 04:33 PM
    I think u have to have been with atNt for more then 90 days and can't owe them money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 04:44 PM
    hmm since nov 09 upgraded to a 9700 in dec
    09-05-10 04:52 PM
    Is your account in good standing, have any suspensions for non pay? Theres a few reasons that you would not meet the criteria.
    09-05-10 05:41 PM
    I was told they wouldn't unlock it because the phone had been out for less than nine months, which made no sense to me. I ended up buying an unlock code from a 3rd party.
    09-05-10 06:31 PM
    i unlocked mine the first week of december '09. i told them i was going out of the country to china, and i needed to use a local SIM there. it took two calls to get it but i got it.

it depends on the CSR you get, how knowledgeable they are and how helpful they are. personally i have unlocked 4 BBs and it has never taken more than 2 calls to AT&T.

i think you telling them it was for your brother made it less incentive for them to help you; tell them you are going out of the country for some (supposedly) important reason, and you NEED to use a local SIM there.
    09-05-10 07:52 PM
    You just got your Torch. That's the deal breaker.
    09-05-10 09:27 PM
    CarrierUnlock is excellent! I have had 3 unlocks from them.

Free Your phone

Your One Stop Shop for Your Unlocking Needs
    Unlocking the HOTTEST Devices(Android, BlackBerry, etc)
    Contact Us | BlackBerry Codes 50% OFF COUPON:cb50promo
    09-05-10 09:30 PM
    They refused me too, I have been a long time customer with no late payments.

It cost me $1.99 using one of the providers from the unlock forum here.

AT&T gets the BIRD on that one!
    09-05-10 09:44 PM
    This is what you do: simply call AT&T and inform them your current employer is sending you to another country for long-term employment (6mos-1yr) an you need to unlock your phone. Make small talk about your new job and how mnuch you've enjoyed your BlackBerry and ATT service and honestly you shouldn't have a problem..

09-05-10 09:47 PM
    Save the hassle, go eBay and buy the unlock code for $2. You unlock your phone in less than 15 mins.

- Charles
    09-05-10 10:45 PM
    Try chatting online with att tech support. It has worked for me always for getting unlock code.

09-05-10 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD