Hello all,

I'm looking to unlock a 9800 torch on the AT&T network.. I've yet to buy an unlock code and have read from the tutorials that I've read I need to insert the second SIM card before unlocking the phone. Is this true?

I will be looking to use the phone on a carrier in Germany and Italy and have yet to purchase the other SIM cards. Is there a way to unlock the phone without having a second SIM card?

Sorry for the dumb question, but couldn't find anything about it.

Wanted to be sure before I buy an unlock code.

Thank you for the help!
    11-23-11 01:26 PM
    I have unlocked a series of phones without a second SIM card. Buy the code. Open the SIM screen, type in mep2 (nothing will appear) and wait for the screen to ask for the code. If something goes wrong don't input the code more than 2 times. Find the error before going further. Pretty simple process.
    11-23-11 01:36 PM
    Which company would you recommend for quick, reputable, unlock codes?
    11-23-11 01:50 PM
    Yes you can use the original sim to unlock your device. All instructions are supplied with the unlock code.
    11-23-11 02:19 PM
    Hi berg709;6874787,

Yes, you can use any active simcard instead

Just purchase the unlock code, insert the sim and following the easy unlocking instructions.

let us know if you have any questions at all[QUOTE=berg709;6874787]Hello all,

I'm looking to unlock a 9800 torch on the AT&T network.. I've yet to buy an unlock code and have read from the tutorials that I've read I need to insert the second SIM card before unlocking the phone. Is this true?
    11-23-11 06:28 PM
    berg709, there are lots of unlockers in the forums. HorizonWireless.com gave me a pair of codes in contests. After that I bought even more. Good service. likely any of the unlockers in the forums will do as well.
    11-23-11 07:16 PM
    Hello all,

I will be looking to use the phone on a carrier in Germany and Italy and have yet to purchase the other SIM cards. Is there a way to unlock the phone without having a second SIM card?

Thank you for the help!
    You can do that and it eliminates the hassle of following lots of steps, but same result at the end.
    berg709 likes this.
    11-24-11 05:16 PM
    Is there any way I can test it without having a second SIM tho? Guessing not
    11-25-11 01:28 PM
    To see if your device is unlocked you can use our support:

Support - freethisberry.com
    11-25-11 02:23 PM
    berg709, test is easy. In SIM screen type mepd. Typing will not appear. A popup will show disabled or inactive for network setting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-11 04:24 PM
    You can contact us for unlocking your device
    11-28-11 01:03 PM
    Lots of cell phone unlockers here! Head to one of our websites or pm us and we can help you out
    11-30-11 02:12 PM
    IF you will insert the SIM card (from another carrier) then the screen where asking to type the unlock code will pop when you start the phone - without going to the SIM card personalization screen and so on...
    12-04-11 07:28 AM
    Most of us unlockers here are quick and reliable and have feedback all over the forums.
    12-08-11 06:17 PM
    Hello all,

Thank you for the help!
    Contact to me: Luckyman6886@yahoo.com - 1 minute you have code unlock
    05-03-12 05:52 AM
    After typing MEPD if all the personalization details displays "Disabled" that means your device is completely unlocked.
    05-20-12 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD