Does anyone know why some AT&T Q10 unlock codes don't work lately? I ran into this problem with a brand new Q10, and a search has revealed many others with the same problem. Has AT&T purposely put the wrong codes in their database to prevent attempts to unlock their phones?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 08:29 PM
    Maybe who did you get it from,
    01-04-15 09:33 PM
    The phone was purchased from an E-bay seller. It was brand new, in sealed box. I'm pretty sure seller is legit and AT&T verified IMEI is clean. Code was from reputable seller who swears up and down it is correct - unfortunately it just doesn't work. Seems there are many others with similar problems. Not sure what to do now
    01-04-15 10:36 PM
    Have you tried with the sim out.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-04-15 10:42 PM
    I entered the code on the security/sim card/unlock button. I'm pretty sure I did everything correct. I had an active sim from different carrier in, but that shouldn't make any difference
    01-04-15 10:48 PM
    I entered the code on the security/sim card/unlock button. I'm pretty sure I did everything correct. I had an active sim from different carrier in, but that shouldn't make any difference
    I thought you had to unlock with the sim from the provider then insert the new one.
    Mine worked first time. Sorry.
    01-04-15 10:51 PM
    I don't think so. I think the problem is the code in the database is incorrect. Not sure why, or how to get the correct one. This really sucks
    01-04-15 10:55 PM
    Just to F/U on this thread that I started. To review, I purchased a brand new (not refurbished) AT&T Q10 on E-Bay. I tried Free My BlackBerry, Blackberry Code Source, and a local "unlocking store". All of them gave me the same code which didn't work. I used up 4 attempts and gave up.

I tried AT&T's unlock web site which said it "didn't recognize my phone" but they confirmed it was neither tied to an account or stolen. I had heard that AT&T wouldn't unlock it unless it had been on their network for 6 months, so I decided to give it a try. I went down to the AT&T store in Bellingham and set up a GoPone account. They gave me a free sim and I purchased a $25 credit which lasted 3 months. I later topped it up with another $25 so it wouldn't expire, and another $10 for good luck (which gave me 7 months).

The phone worked great in the states for 10 cents / minute (but no Internet on that plan)

I tried the AT&T unlock site after a month but again it "didn't recognize the phone". After 6 months I tried again on the web site - and voila! It took my info, and in about 5 minutes I got an e-mail which contained a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CODE. I carefully entered the code (while filming the process) and it worked perfectly first time. SUCCESS - phone unlocked.

Now all the "unlockers" said they get their code from Blackberry's database. We'll, in my case, obviously AT&T had a different (and correct) code in their own database. Either the blackberry database was incorrect or AT& T had altered the code, or the database used by the unlockers is somehow flawed. Now, since I see many happy customers on the 'net I have to assume the unlockers work for some phones, but I cannot say for sure. They certainly didn't in my case.

I hope this helps anyone else heading down this most annoying pathway.

Oh, and when I started to use my brand new unlocked phone, I found out that the H and G keys didn't work! Very nice Blackberry! No wonder your Stock is tanking.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 07:21 PM
    Oh, and when I started to use my brand new unlocked phone, I found out that the H and G keys didn't work! Very nice Blackberry! No wonder your Stock is tanking.
    And if you had purchased it from official channels i.e. a carrier or ShopBlackBerry, it would be a simple warranty exchange.

And for future reference, AT&T does unlock its phones for non-customers and as of now, they're doing it for free. Here is their website with the rules clearly laid out: att.com/deviceunlock
    09-26-15 10:51 PM
    I guess you didn't read the entire post. That's exactly how I unlocked it - for free and right now. The only reason I posted was to inform people that it isn't quite as simple as you seem to think it is. There is the 6 months of activated service on their network requirement that they don't mention on the page that you referred to - which costs about $50. Anyway, in my case it was the only way to get the phone unlocked.
    09-27-15 12:01 AM
    I guess you didn't read the entire post. That's exactly how I unlocked it - for free and right now. The only reason I posted was to inform people that it isn't quite as simple as you seem to think it is. There is the 6 months of activated service on their network requirement that they don't mention on the page that you referred to - which costs about $50. Anyway, in my case it was the only way to get the phone unlocked.
    Six months of service is not a general requirement if you're presenting yourself as a non-customer. I have read posts from people--including foreigners--who have bought phones as new as the AT&T Classic at full price and gotten them unlocked under the non-customer rule. Their phones may not even have touched the AT&T network. Ever.

In your case, the eBay seller must have purchased the phone at full price and chosen the least expensive service option: prepaid. I'm guessing AT&T wasn't willing to just sell him a phone, no plan. So that left you waiting for six months.
    09-27-15 01:53 AM
    No, that's incorrect. I actually contacted AT&T and the phone had never had any plan of any kind associated with it, nor had it ever been activated. I tried every way possible - customer, non-customer, etc on their unlock website, and it wouldn't even let me enter the IMEI until it was "active" for 6 months. Then it accepted the IMEI and generated the code. The 6 month requirement is real - whether you believe it or not.
    09-27-15 04:48 AM
    No, that's incorrect. I actually contacted AT&T and the phone had never had any plan of any kind associated with it, nor had it ever been activated. I tried every way possible - customer, non-customer, etc on their unlock website, and it wouldn't even let me enter the IMEI until it was "active" for 6 months. Then it accepted the IMEI and generated the code. The 6 month requirement is real - whether you believe it or not.
    I have seen examples that have proven to me that there is no six month requirement for non-customers and they outnumber your experience. Plus, since you bought a phone secondhand, you don't truly know whether the seller had already committed to buying prepaid service when purchasing the phone and then, in effect, passed this requirement on to you. The seller could have bought the phone from AT&T posing as a potential prepaid customer, and then sold it to you before the device had been "active" for six months (a GoPhone requirement.)

All I'm saying is that if someone wants to buy a phone from AT&T, paying full price for it, it's better to not do it posing as a potential GoPhone customer. Just buy it as a non-customer from AT&T's website, or via Amazon, etc.
    09-27-15 12:43 PM
    Raino is correct.

Also to the OP amnesia, sometimes the databases have errors and then are updated after a while.
    Your IMEI# could have originally been paired with the wrong code and then got updated after sometime.
    This can happen once in a while, Although usually with new models, but I have seen it happen with old models a few times before.

In general AT&T BB's have a very, very high success rate of unlocking.
    09-29-15 04:42 AM