I know this has been posted before but just wanted to give you TMO customers a heads up in case you never saw it here in another thread. If you are a T-Mobile Customer for over 90 days you can call them up and they will give you the unlock code for your BB for FREE. I did this for my 8900 and will be doing it again when I get my 9700. Plus I'm sure when I sell my 8900 I can get more $ for it if it's unlocked

It takes a day or two before you get the email with the code. I think the email also has the instructions but I dont remember since I already knew how to input the code.
    11-15-09 04:35 PM
    i know you can do this, but i also know you cant do this that often.
    does anyone know how long between free unlock codes?
    11-15-09 07:44 PM
    I know this has been posted before but just wanted to give you TMO customers a heads up in case you never saw it here in another thread. If you are a T-Mobile Customer for over 90 days you can call them up and they will give you the unlock code for your BB for FREE. I did this for my 8900 and will be doing it again when I get my 9700. Plus I'm sure when I sell my 8900 I can get more $ for it if it's unlocked

It takes a day or two before you get the email with the code. I think the email also has the instructions but I dont remember since I already knew how to input the code.
    Just unlocked my old 8820 when I ordered my 9700. Code was e-mailed in less than 24 hours and the e-mail was very detailed/simple instructions. I had no problems unlocking.

I will try to get unlock codes for our 9700 and 8520 as I need to call CS to add Talk Forever if available too.
    11-15-09 07:53 PM
    i know you can do this, but i also know you cant do this that often.
    does anyone know how long between free unlock codes?
    3 months, but there are ways to get around it.
    11-15-09 08:40 PM
    3 months, but there are ways to get around it.
    I've only requested one unlock code ever and that was less than 3 months ago.. but if they try saying anything I will tell them it's because I just upgraded phones.
    11-15-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD