01-12-11 08:42 PM
34 12
tools
    Thats weird, I called my carrier and they said they will call me back ASAP with my unlock code and they did within a few hours.

Ask for technical support instead of CS
    01-12-11 02:12 AM
    It actually is ridiculous to have this argument in the first place. I could find thousands of people that could say T-Mobile's customer service sucks. I could find thousands that say ATT CS sucks, as well as VZW and Sprint. The problem is that you have thousands of customer service reps that are told all sorts of different things and interpret rules and policies different. I have been with Cingular/ATT since it used to be Cellular One up north, probably about ten years. I've never had a single issue. Sometimes I do get a cs rep who's not working with me, so I call and get another one.

The issue here, and I don't really feel like going back and looking at who it is, is the comment about ATT never giving out unlock codes. ATT is a business, they want to make money. Unlocking phones means they lose money. All carriers are stingy with unlock codes for this reason.

So, let's cut the bickering and the "my carrier is better than your carrier" crap. We're all with a carrier because we're satisfied, for the most part.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So, why are you quoting me when the sole one to do so was sbi?
    Not to mention that on average, if you read around, T-Mobile is reknown to have the best CS while Sprint and ATT... Don't, at all.

PS: Also, that was my point with the iPhone. People with iPhone, and like you probably, I know many, are with ATT solely because of the iPhone. Hence why I said, I wouldn't wonder if a lot of people moved to Verizon and their talked about unlimited data plans for the iPhone if in fact the iPhone will come out for Verizon.
    01-12-11 05:19 AM
    Online unlocking, unlocking at kiosks or phone repair shops costs between $3 and $25. Shop around. Deals are waiting

01-12-11 06:45 AM
    sbi, with your posts you are proving to be a complete tool.

1) There are many of us here who have stated the same thing, and for you to come here and act all bully-like, well... BIG FAIL. Maybe its time to turn that brain on? Just a thought...

2) It comes from experience Mr.Arrogance, not to mention that it is known thing that both Sprint and AT&T have THE worse CS. Inform yourself. I was with Cingular for years btw before making the best decision and moved to T-Mobile in 04, and I only had bad experiences with Cingular, and I am not the only one to state so about Cingular and AT&T, and not to mention I have tons of friends who can't stop complaining about AT&T, and why do we need to explain anything to you out of all people? Pfff...

3) You people? Someone's hating their life, huh? Relax buddy... its a forum. When it comes to AT&T, it is all about the iToy. AT&T has poor service, their plans are ridiculous and a total rip-off.

4) Just because YOU supposedly had no issues with their CS, doesn't mean jack. Instead of coming here and defend AT&T like we sweared at your family, you can state the same things without the unnecessary attitude.
    It's interesting because the only one here acting bully-like is you.

Let me try and understand: so my good experience with AT&T doesn't mean jack, but your bad experience does?! hmmm.

You remind me of my mom with "everyone", "tons of friends" and the best of all "it is a known thing". Known thing to WHOM and by WHAT PROOF?! So your ton of friends have had bad issues, that doesn't mean jack...
    I've been with them since the Cingular One days (which I admit - were not their shiniest times), and since they became AT&T I had nothing but good experience. As I mentioned - they never refused to give me an unlock code, so how can you "proudly" stand up and say 'AT&T NEVER GIVES UNLOCK CODES'?!

As for their "plans are ridiculous and a rip off - again, what do you base your claim on? Can you please proof to me by comparing apple to apple?
    01-12-11 03:14 PM
    So, why are you quoting me when the sole one to do so was sbi?
    Not to mention that on average, if you read around, T-Mobile is reknown to have the best CS while Sprint and ATT... Don't, at all.

PS: Also, that was my point with the iPhone. People with iPhone, and like you probably, I know many, are with ATT solely because of the iPhone. Hence why I said, I wouldn't wonder if a lot of people moved to Verizon and their talked about unlimited data plans for the iPhone if in fact the iPhone will come out for Verizon.
    I'm quoting you because you are the one who came in citing bogus information about a carrier giving out unlock codes. I don't personally know a single person who has a a problem with any carrier other than T-Mobile actually. That's beside the point. Also, why would you say I'm with ATT because of the iPhone when my device is listed as a 9700? Don't have an iPhone, never plan on owning one. I actually know quite a few people with ATT, and none of them have an iPhone.

As I've state numerous times, its pointless to bash a carrier based on one's own personal experience. A point that you seem to agree with numerous times, but then go on and do it anyways.
    01-12-11 03:33 PM
    You know what is the best thing about replying to people like you two? That you act all arrogant with your limited understanding, have your little phrases like "You sound like my mother" (you shouldn't have such low opinion of her btw) or say "You give out bogus information" and so on... and then you show them this...

AT&T Cellphone locking Cases

Look, if you two got an English compression problem, don't blame it on me. For example, I really don't understand where both of you read that I have assumed you two have iPhones? Pls, show me... because I didn't. I said that, MOST people that I know, have iPhones, not you. Get it?

Also, I am sure that there must be some reps at ATT that do give out unlock codes, however, you just have to Google around to know that while T-Mobile does not only win every CS award there is, they have an unlock department, something that ATT does not have.

As far as plans go, you just have to compare the prices and what they offer. If I were to compare the plan I have now with T-Mo to a family plan on ATT, well:

For 4 lines on EM+ (no contract), I now pay $140 total for: 1500 mins night&weekends, unlimited texts/etc for all 4 lines and 2 lines (BBs) have unlimted data.

With ATT, I would have to pay 90 for 1400 mins, plus 30 for unlimited texts. So far its 120, and we didn't include DATA yet. Plus for 2 bb data plans, no matter which one I choose, there is no unlimited, but max 5gb. Even if I choose the 200 mb joke one for 15 bucks each, thats 30 bucks more = 120+30= 150, without taxes buddy. If I were to choose the 2 GB (and not unlimited) 45 bucks one, (I already tether with my BB btw and on T-Mo I have UMA too), that would be 120 + 90 = 210 dollars without taxes... 210 Vs. 140 mmm yeah....
    01-12-11 05:28 PM
    I needed a good laugh.

01-12-11 06:37 PM
    I needed a good laugh.

Whatever, but keep in mind that all those you see laughing, are laughing at you, not with you.

The Daily Show reacts to Verizon iPhone, Jon Stewart gets a little excited (video) -- Engadget
    01-12-11 07:55 PM
    Bunch of woman in this thread....apparently...and on their menstrual cycle...

No offense to the actual woman, lol!

BeyondTheBox likes this.
    01-12-11 08:42 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD