hey guys question is there a major difference between the branded bold vs unlock. to me the only difference is unlock bold you can use with any provider and that it. are there hidden features?
    11-10-08 04:25 AM
    generally nope, the bold are almost exactly the same except for the loaded service books, but then as we all know everything can be changed with a little loading of this and that...
    11-10-08 06:58 AM
    An unlocked Bold will allow you to turn off the 3g. The At&t Bold will not allow you to turn off 3g.
    11-10-08 08:29 AM
    does the 3g burn the battery life in other phones
    11-10-08 01:58 PM
    does the 3g burn the battery life in other phones
    Yes it does, my At&t Blackberry Bold's battery sucks. I can't make it through a day without having to charge it.
    11-10-08 03:15 PM
    Yes it does, my At&t Blackberry Bold's battery sucks. I can't make it through a day without having to charge it.
    That's strange, actually. I can make it through a full day with 70% charge remaining. Do you go in and out of 3G coverage a lot?
    11-10-08 03:25 PM
    WAIT.... ANY provider?
    11-10-08 03:28 PM
    WAIT.... ANY provider?
    Only GSM ones (ones that include a SIM card). CDMA carriers such as Verizon, Sprint, or Alltel will not work.
    11-10-08 03:38 PM
    you really cant turn the 3g off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 03:40 PM
    you really cant turn the 3g off?

Nope, there is no option for it on the AT&T branded phones - even unlocked ones. I had mine unlocked and still nothing.

AFAIK, even people with 4.6.0.167 on their other branded phones have the option too, so I don't believe it's an issue of software versions.
    11-10-08 03:42 PM
    well that sux... i dont wanna have sucky battery life cause it will be searching for 3g all the time

11-10-08 03:45 PM
    That's strange, actually. I can make it through a full day with 70% charge remaining. Do you go in and out of 3G coverage a lot?
    In my house I have 3-5 bars on 3g. I have had the phone since Sat 11/09 and have yet to see Edge. Two days might not be enough time for me to give it a fair judgement. But compared to my Curve 8310 my battery life is worse. I wish there was a way to turn off the 3g, I mean you really don't need it on at all times. And so far I get amazing 3g service through New York, atleast the places that I have been within the last 48hrs.
    11-10-08 11:32 PM
    battery easily lasts me 2days.. and thas with alot of use..phone txtx browsing etc
    11-10-08 11:42 PM
    I live in Toledo, OH and my 3G coverage is... well, it's "okay." I've noticed that my Bold doesn't have quite the battery longevity that my Curve does, but I make it through a day with about 50% charge left (and that's with intermittent WiFi and aGPS use as well.)
    11-10-08 11:44 PM
    I was worried I would screw up my phone trying to unlock it. I eas able to talk to a live per on the phone and It worked
    exactly the way they said it would. SO....ATT go fly a kite!!!
    if you want reliable help use "unlocktotalk"
    12-22-10 06:04 PM
    An unlocked Bold will allow you to turn off the 3g. The At&t Bold will not allow you to turn off 3g.
    On other networks. like TM, there is a 2G and 2G/3G option.
    From what some have written here, it seems ATT only has 3G available
    12-22-10 07:05 PM
    Wat are you peopple talking about ??? I have ATT and I've always had the option to use EDGE(2G) or 3G back and forth whenever I choose to save battery life

12-23-10 10:27 AM
    That's a lie a have att 9000 I can turn it off

12-23-10 10:28 AM
    Nope, there is no option for it on the AT&T branded phones - even unlocked ones. I had mine unlocked and still nothing.

AFAIK, even people with 4.6.0.167 on their other branded phones have the option too, so I don't believe it's an issue of software versions.
    This is also a lie... I have att 9000 and I can turn it on and off since I first got it

12-23-10 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD